Front Right Suspension Crunching

fam

:
10 Mazda5 GT AT, 10 Mazda3S GB GT 6SPD
It always "squeaked" over the speedbumps in my neighborhood. However, now it is crunching really bad when my front right tire hits a speed bump or dip in the pavement. I looked underneath quickly and all the plastic seams in place and bolted in, but it really is unbarable now. Anyone else have this problem?

the car is an 06, it has 2800 miles on it. it sounds like the wheel is smashing against the plastic inner fender. Im judt curious if im the only one, as toledo roads are easily the crappiest in the u.s. of a even by michigan standards.

Your not the only one !
I've been getting it for the last month and a half.
All four corners yet.
Every speed bump, or dip in the road as well.
Sound is more noticable on extension of the suspension and less so on compression. Getting worse with time, and colder weather.

Finally, im not crazy! I hoping that this is covered under warrantee and they dont try to blame me for hitting potholes or something.

I have also been hearing it. The dashboard rattle has been bothering me more than the front end crunch. The front end noise is much better when the temperature falls below freezing.My dealership is about 45 minutes away so I am making a list of things. I am trying to stay coll about everything because aside of the noises I love the car.

I've got a "dry rub" mostly from the rear on suspension rebound. I'm guessing it is dry (roll bar?) bushings. The noise is obvious on cold mornings for about a half mile of travel. I assume things warm(loosen) up while driveing so the noise goes away. I don't plan on complaining about my problem.

I think your issue is a different one as well. Im temped to take a video with sound and post it, its really bad. I too am saving up a list for the dealer:

1) On take off it sometimes hesitates (probably will need computer updated)
2)Crunching sound on bumps
3)One set of keys doesnt work half the time, doesnt light up, i think it has an internal short in it

Crunching Sound

heya

I have heard the same sort of noise on the Mazda 6 suspension and they replaced a plastic spacer which normally lived between the coil and top of the suspension.

I will inquire from other customers if they have had same feedback.

Can you help is it a GS (16 inch rims) or a GT (17 inch rim).

Cheers
Zoom5Zoom

Noise

I agree with the program update if required computers have brain farts once in a while.

As for the bump noise it will be easy to detect on a hoist... get it looked at

Key can be reprogramed same time the redo the computer brain fart dump.

Cheers
Zoom5Zoom
(cheers)

I've got the suspension squeak in the rear as well - seems more obvious in colder weather although is still there (not always though) in warmer weather. Had the dealer look at it and they couldn't find anything wrong. Keep us posted on what your dealer finds.

I smugly read this thinking "I haven't got that noise." Woke up yesterday and went for a drive GRAAUUNCH! Only when hitting medium or large bumps head on (both wheels travel up/down same time) so I guess it's an anti-roll bar bushing thing. We have GT (17") but with 16" rims & snows on right now. 500kms when at first occurence. Not sure if I'm hearing anything from the back but definitely the front. Zoom5Zoom, I may come by and check out your service dep't as Carling Mazda has been, uh, less than satisfactory. Maybe a good grease between bars and bushings will keep it quiet for a while.

noise in front

Hey 5th Ave

Your always welcome at Performance Mazda. Listen from my training I recall a new anti damper unit we put on the 5 compared to the M3 design.

This damper may behave differently in the winter under sharp loads. Wonder if this is normal (slightly loud) beheaviour. This damper is basically a shaft with a fluid like substance in it.

This may be a shot in the dark but worth asking about. I will see if I can dig something up on it.

More info

heya 5th

Forgot one thing.... our struts have an extra coil for the smaller bumps in the road which take the wear and tear away from the main struts. I wonder if noise in this area is from that additional spring.

Again the info is just that ... info. I am not a mechanic but do understand all noises are different specially with front or rear suspensions now a days.

Zoom5Zoom said:
heya 5th

Forgot one thing.... our struts have an extra coil for the smaller bumps in the road which take the wear and tear away from the main struts. I wonder if noise in this area is from that additional spring.

Again the info is just that ... info. I am not a mechanic but do understand all noises are different specially with front or rear suspensions now a days.

I actually had my 5 in for regular maintenance and they heard the crunching sound from the suspension. They disconnected the sway bar and bushings and the noise went away. So they ordered new parts. The parts came in today. I'll let you know if it fixed the issue when I get it back. Probably tomorrow morning.

Thanks Zoom5Zoom, DiMarco. I'm curious to see if DiMarco's new bushings help at all. I'll wait before bringing in the car as it's not a priority right now.

I every one.

I just bought A red Mazda5 GT MT demo with 9000km on it, it make the same nose when i'm hitting a speed bump.

Latest posts

Back