Strobe kit?

santisurf

:
Mazda Protege5 2003.5
alright so i have been interested in finding a good stobe light kit for headlights and back lights.... they have to be really bright...... anyone know where to find?

My friend bought one at either advanced auto or autozone, but I dont remember the name of the kit. Worked very well, it came with a controller that let you modulate the speed of the pulses and the interval between tham and all that good stuff.

And yeah definatly dont use it on the street. Cops do not like that at all.

(deadhorse
anarchistchiken said:
My friend bought one at either advanced auto or autozone, but I dont remember the name of the kit. Worked very well, it came with a controller that let you modulate the speed of the pulses and the interval between tham and all that good stuff.

And yeah definatly dont use it on the street. Cops do not like that at all.

actually i flashed it at some cop while my car was parked.. i have the ones from autozone they suck BALSS!!!! (deadhorse
any way he said they looked good in my car lmao
i need them brighter!! guess whats next? TRAINHORN!!! haha! (thumb)

Actually, I forget where I saw it but you can by electronic boxes that will turn your high beams and rear turn signals into strobes. Just like the Police. I will look for them soon.

I hate the strobes that can be bought at Autozone and Pepboys and s*** because eventually someway or another, condencation(sp?) will get in the headlight and make it turn yellow with time.

I'd rather go with the Police "wig-wag" system with the headlights than some cheap ass autozone thing.

I was thinking about getting it to pull a prank on my friends since I already have the siren and a extra set of strobes with red/blue lenses.
It would be cool as hell to have the headlights flashing while racing autocross.. (thumb) .

https://www.rimindustries.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=49202

Last edited:
Prodigy said:
I'd rather go with the Police "wig-wag" system with the headlights than some cheap ass autozone thing.

I was thinking about getting it to pull a prank on my friends since I already have the siren and a extra set of strobes with red/blue lenses.
It would be cool as hell to have the headlights flashing while racing autocross.. (thumb) .

https://www.rimindustries.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=49202

HID wont take that power.. too much they will burst! trust me that s why im looking for a good kit...

Prodigy said:
It would be cool as hell to have the headlights flashing while racing autocross.. (thumb).
Yeah, until the corner workers start having seisures lol. I wonder if that would mess w/ the timing lights too (ugh)

aMaff said:
Yeah, until the corner workers start having seisures lol. I wonder if that would mess w/ the timing lights too (ugh)
i would have to guess they do.... (deadhorse FU#$

aMaff said:

haha. It's only 90 flashes per minute.. during the daylight.
It wouldn't trip the timing lights because it's the same as someone having their headlights on.. they're not connected/related in any way.

I can have my dreams...and 90 flasher per min sux! Mod that b****! We need at least twice that! U could drive ur car w/ some techno blaring, we could have a corner worker glow stick party as you go around the track lmao

lmao... dream on!

Then we would need some neon on the cars and autox at night.. and some glowing cones...

It'll be like cosmic bowling in autocross/rave form.
(90Fpm = standard police flashing rate)

Prodigy said:
lmao... dream on!

Then we would need some neon on the cars and autox at night.. and some glowing cones...

It'll be like cosmic bowling in autocross/rave form.
(90Fpm = standard police flashing rate)
damn, that's a good ass idea! Put black lights in the lights on the lot :D lol I bet the orange cones would light up under that. Wow, this is way funnier than it should be lol

and it may be standard police flashing rate, but it's not standard cosmic rave autocross flash rate lol

if you can find a whelen kit for the strobes thats the best its what the cops use i have a kit but i need to find someone who will install it for me you might be able to find one on ebay

Ok, I'll add in here.

I've got a multipattern wigwag on the MSP, as the avatar actually shows it. It gets attention at times but name brand strobes really are worth the price. Whelen, Federal Signal, Galls, Code 3, Sothwest(ern?) Police Supply has a line.

Just go look at www.gallsinc.com in the Vehicle Warning. Just be sure to realize that these arent as cheap as the Autozone kind, at all.

wow. pardon my lack of knowlege, but what do these strobes do? ok, i know they flash, but whats the purpose they serve? I thought stuff like that was illegal for highway use cars, and not having any real performance gains, making it a relatively useless mod. I'm down to learn whats up, I just don't always know which way the sky is...if you get my drift. ;)

I guess ppl w/ show cars use them...other than that, break out the neon lights and some glow sticks, and have you a good ol fashioned cosmic autocross!

Back