Budget: $20,000 what car would you buy?

:
2003 Black MSP
Some asshole went into the back of my car yesterday going 40 or so mph. I was waiting behind someone who was making a left turn and she didn't leave me any room on the right to pass so I was just waiting and the kid just destroyed me. He said he was looking at his f'ing schedule. The trunk is smashed in and is cracked, if you look in the trunk you can see the ground through a huge crack in it. The frame seem also seems like it is crooked. The window panel is actually bent in real bad on the left side which makes me think it might be beyond repair. Also he hit me so hard he forced me into the car in front of me and cracked my front bumper as well. The thing is possibly totalled... yep another MSP down, well maybe. So if you had around 20 g's to get a car, mostly a brand new car what would it be? I was thinking either a cobalt ss, the supercharged version, or maybe even and srt-4? I am not sure if I can deal with that interior though... I am looking for something reasonably priced and pretty quick. Help!

Edit: Crap! I posted this in the wrong section you can switch this to a better forum if you want mods. Sorry.

Last edited:
I've seen Mazdaspeed Miatas around here for 19k from the dealerships. That or maybe a used S2000 would be fun.

Si with options is over $20K. i wouldn't get it without the nav or the body kit. civic has more cargo space but less rear seat space. tC has more back seat space but less cargo space. i just bought a tC and i'm loving it. great car for what you get and with 20K you can get quite a bit of extras to go on it. personally i think it's probably the best car for the money in it's class. you should seriously take a look at it. my friend has a mazda3 and she likes it. i've driven it but i liked the tC better and i wouldn't buy another mazda knowing i would have to go to my dealer for service. and i just don't like the way the corolla even the XRS looks. ugly imo. you could probably find a lightly used srt4 for $20K but i think it's ugly as well. all of this is opinion based tho so please no BS

I say go with a used wrx, the motors are really strong and will hold up for a really long time or like eveyone else said the tc is really nice and you can't beat the price and there are lots of aftermarket parts out there for it. (thumb)

my buddy walked off the lot with a brand new 2005 ACR SRT-4 for 20k...

pretty nice car for the money. Other than that, my vote is for a used s2k, another MSP, or the TC, and boost the s*** out of it.

dont forget to boost the Mazda3. Look at the hiboost thread. Those MZR motors are far from our crappy fs-de motors. They throw down great numbers

I still can't believe people suggest the tc...It's a High School special...not a performance car by any means...Go with a 3 and boost it...You won't be sorry ;)

I say get the FC, buy a built Pineapple racing engine, rims, tires, power FC, seats, body kit and paint, and your at only 10-12k. You save 8-10k and got pretty much a new car. :D

$3000 1994 Miata
$1500 Greddy Turbo Kit
$2500 in various upgrades
$7000 2002 Protege ES or P5 (daily driver)
$6000 2004 BMW Dakar F650

just off the top of my head

you get a 13 sec sports car/track car, a 13 sec bike, an SUV (the bike), and a reliable fun practical daily driver

Last edited:
Or just get a Lotus Elsie and boost it!! Well i heard it went down in price to 35k?? could be wrong...but the Lotus is a must buy!! If you have the money

Antoine said:
I still can't believe people suggest the tc...It's a High School special...not a performance car by any means...Go with a 3 and boost it...You won't be sorry ;)
I have drove the 3's and I am not impressed by any means...But you guys love this car...Yeah it puts down killer numbers under boost but it seems already that the trannies arent up to the task....And the RIde is horribble...Way stiffer than the MSP yet handles not nearly as well.Way too ruff of a ride for the handling it has.

daedalus said:
my buddy walked off the lot with a brand new 2005 ACR SRT-4 for 20k...

Why'd he walk off the lot with it? Did it break already? :) Just messing with you, I had to say it since that's the first thing that came to mind when I read that.

I'd go with the tC. It seems like an excellent deal for the price. Good luck with whatever you buy!

scion is the definition of rice. look at/listen to their commercials, they target ricers. the upgrades they advertise are shift knobs and neon lights. they're also cheap for a reason. yea with options you'll have a more expensive piece of s***. if don't mind getting a 2 seater, s2k is a great car. i personally wouldnt get another msp, not that i don't love mine to death, but i like change at any given opportunity. take it as a sign or something. get an srt-4, tC, or civic-si and u won't have a rare car like you did with the msp, not sure if that's what you're looking for, but that's what i'm all about. now you don't really have an option for rarity when it comes to a brand new car. i would get a 3rd gen rx7 and hook it up right because that's my dream car, also more affordable than a tt supra :)

Whatever you do...Just DON'T GET A SCION of any kind. There a lot of good choices from a variety of makes...choose wisely ;)

Back