Mazda Extended Warranty - should I get it?

goacom

Hi Everyone,

I am new to the Mazda family and will be picking up my Mazda 5 today. I have been given the option of getting an extended, refundable warranty for the vehicle. They are offering me a 6 year 72K, zero deductable warranty for $1200 as part of their so called "Mazda Total Care" package.

They say that it is refundable, which means that any balance that is not used will be returned after 6 years. This is the first time I am hearing of something like this. Are any of you folks familiar with this?

Thanks.

goacom said:
Hi Everyone,

I am new to the Mazda family and will be picking up my Mazda 5 today. I have been given the option of getting an extended, refundable warranty for the vehicle. They are offering me a 6 year 72K, zero deductable warranty for $1200 as part of their so called "Mazda Total Care" package.

They say that it is refundable, which means that any balance that is not used will be returned after 6 years. This is the first time I am hearing of something like this. Are any of you folks familiar with this?

Thanks.

I think they mean it is prorated should you sell the car or get in an accident where the vehicle is totalled. Any unused (in months) portion of the extended warranty would be refunded to you. But if you keep the car the warranty will just expire after 72k miles. That's how mine works anyway.

Back