$100 shipped lowering springs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish I came across this thread/site sooner, I might've been able to pick up these springs. Oh well, hopefully another deal like this will happen again.

Sorry for the double post...

hmm...

I've just googled up 'Falken Springs Protege 5' and I found these springs for sale. I'm not sure how reliable that site is, but those springs look identical to the ones sold here, and at a cheaper price.

Interested!

Someone please tell us, do the springs need upgrading, or is 1.5" of drop just that easy?

Everyone so far has said that under a 2 inch drop you DOnt need to upgrade anything, but it never hurts, especially if you have alot of miles on the shocks to begin with....

Relentless Pro said:
hmm...

I've just googled up 'Falken Springs Protege 5' and I found these springs for sale. I'm not sure how reliable that site is, but those springs look identical to the ones sold here, and at a cheaper price.

thats a great find my man.
its like 103 shipped to me, sweet deal.

Relentless Pro said:
hmm...

U R THE MAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!! (first)

jR. said:
Everyone so far has said that under a 2 inch drop you DOnt need to upgrade anything, but it never hurts, especially if you have alot of miles on the shocks to begin with....

Whats a lot of miles ? i have 122000kms on mine, if i replace the shocks, can i do it myself?

wouldnt changing the springs change the camber of the wheels? Also, do the springs just drop in or do they need to be condensed before installation?

Im sure you need a spring compressor, and yes it changes the geometry but when you get a P5 from the factory, it camber can still be adjusted about 2 degrees and still be within specs.

Relentless Pro said:
hmm...

Good ol Carxpressions.com. For those that have known me for a while, know that i used to work there and started this sale when i was there. They are cheaper until you add the shipping, then they are about the same as me. They have tons of springs in stock for tons of vehicles. We draw from their warehouse. They are also out of P5 springs.

KYMP5 said:
Good ol Carxpressions.com. For those that have known me for a while, know that i used to work there and started this sale when i was there. They are cheaper until you add the shipping, then they are about the same as me. They have tons of springs in stock for tons of vehicles. We draw from their warehouse. They are also out of P5 springs.

doh, sorry for raising some of your hopes up!

gregrego said:
will they be getting any more in? or was that a limited item?

It was a closeout buy, falken has no plans to make any more. And if they do, they wont be sold for that cheap again. our original cost on the springs was right at 100, the closeout deal made them cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back