Your thoughts on..

CF is overrated. Fine if you're doing it for weight savings or any practical reason, even if it's just for the vent. But IMHO it needs to be painted body color. Every time I see some ricer with CF parts all over their car I always think it looks "unfinished"... It's the same when they ride around with bondo'd/unpainted body kits.

And btw, I'm 25, and am very into modding my cars. Also, I know it's my personal taste, but she asked for opinions. Mine is that it's ugly, overrated, and not worth the money. I don't mind a hood vent, but unless it's functional, then why bother? The stock hood is sexy just as it is.

Ohh, so my answer is: Nay

Last edited:
Oh noes!!! I'm over 30! I eat escargot like zee Frogs!

Going to have to say "no" to the CF too.

Oh Karen keep quiet. Go back to the nursing home in your prudish, boring P5. Maybe next weekend they'll let you out for a few hours and you can drive your 11 second focus, lolz.

Dang ornery old people.

anarchistchiken said:
Oh Karen keep quiet. Go back to the nursing home in your prudish, boring P5. Maybe next weekend they'll let you out for a few hours and you can drive your 11 second focus, lolz.

Dang ornery old people.

LOL

It's only an 11-second fOCUS because we don't have the "proper safety equipment" to run it [legally] faster down the 1/4... (first)

Makes up for teh slow Mazdas though (thumb)

I'd put that $1k toward power rather than a hood....unless the current hood is in bad shape. After I shower up from work I will link the NB stuff I have in my favorites. There are def hoods you can get for the NB right now....lol. In the online world especially, dont believe everything you hear. (poke)

But really, gotta have the goods if you gonna have the looks....that is IMHO of course. (thumb)

Vash-

This place has some awesome CF quality parts.and a hood.

http://www.dgmotorsports.com/vehicles.asp?search=63

Heres a place in Japan that offers a CF vented hood. Im sure Rpseed could get it to you with the quickness.

http://www.dspeed.co.jp/bonnet/index.html

And the one I would get if I had an NB and was looking for one. CF and vented, you could get it rather quick Im sure.not to mention this one is FULL carbon. Most that you find are carbon overlaid to fiberglass. This hood weighs 10.5lbs, and the carbon overlaid one weighs 16.8 which isnt bad either. Id call adrenaline and see what they could do.

http://adrenalineracing.com/product...d/328?osCsid=60bc95976a9f7c1c40cdbf0469e06783

Hope I was of some help (thumb)

Vash-

You know about JC Auto Spec in Austin right? Also Soulspeed performance. Both are good performance shops that can help you get parts to make the car look good, go fast, handle, etc.

I HIGHLY reccomend them both. The tech at JC is probably one of the top 5 Miata techs in the USA.

That is a NICE hood though. I got on one my NB on Forza Motorsport. ;-)

David Hedderick
Houston, TX

P.S. - CF hoods for Miatas are usually heavier than the Aluminum ones that come OEM.

-Kristin said:
This was brought to my attention by another member, BoostedNB.

after searching high and low for a CF hood on NB models i was relieved that Warren had shown me this:

2b.jpg

http://www.vary.co.jp/

yay, or nay?

the hood in the first pic... thats a LOT of money for a hood.... but i think its damn sexy, much more so than the second link. I'm more a fan of body color parts.... but either way, the shape of the hood is great if you ask me.

miata_racer said:
You know about JC Auto Spec in Austin right? Also Soulspeed performance. Both are good performance shops that can help you get parts to make the car look good, go fast, handle, etc.

I HIGHLY reccomend them both. The tech at JC is probably one of the top 5 Miata techs in the USA.

That is a NICE hood though. I got on one my NB on Forza Motorsport. ;-)

David Hedderick
Houston, TX

P.S. - CF hoods for Miatas are usually heavier than the Aluminum ones that come OEM.
Just wanted to confirm what he said re: JC. I personally know John Long from when he worked at Premeir Mazda as a tech. I know he worked on the MSP quite a few times while I actually had warranty. He's a no bulls*** guy and he knows the cars in and out. Add to all that the fact that he's an active autocrosser. I think he was working on a Uber install the last I talked to him, or a FM kit.. Dunno which. ANYWAY. Can't get any better than that.

Last edited:
3uno5 said:
well if you read i clearly said that ppl are entitled to their own opinions. but i did think that there were more ppl here that had better taste and i guess i was wrong. really i dont care if i do offend ppl with this but whoever says that hood looks bad you seriously have no taste.
I wish we could inplement a rule forbidding the use of "ppl".

And one more post to sum it all up; I'd spend that money elsewhere. Moreso on performance parts and keep the sleeper look. I've got the car that gets attention, it's not so nice after a while. The CF hood is more of a "baby" than a mod. Constant worrying about it getting keyed or rock chips, etc, etc.

hrm.

did i mention i just wanted thoughts on the hood itself, not the price?

if i didn't, thurr. done.

Hеphaestus said:
It's overpriced rice. It serves no function and adds nothing to your car. Not to mention, the resulting unmatching color body panels are about as impressive as a barfed up dinner, and people react the same way seeing either.

fastfat.gif

Theres a reason the Honda Engineers put reverse cowl hoods on the NSX-R. And its not for cooling. Its the same reason that I put one on my car. They DO have a function. As for the paint, i agree to an extent.

i think it looks good but whats it like from the side or the front ??
surley $1800 is a bit much, is that shipped and fitted or what. a cf hood in Ire is about 1200/1500 which is kinda in line but i would have thought you could get better.
the only benifits are lowering the centre of gravity a bit and other people knowing that you could spend that kind of money on a hood. if you go that way i think you have to go all the way hood,trunk,w-mirrors,spoiler,etc. its up to you at the end of the day.

Back