"Quiet" yet effecient 60mm fan suggestions (for CPU)

Dimitrios

Contributor
:
2012 CWP MS3
I can google all day on this, just seeing if anyone has any suggestions. I'd like a ball bearing unit if at all possible at that size; I don't need it super super quiet, but my current fan is probably a sleeve bearing and gets loud as time goes on.

A temp sensor would be nice as well. Looking to stay under $15'ish.

D

I have a Delta 60mm 8000rpm SHE, so I can't help, sorry. :(
Depending on what type of chip you have, it could have temperature monitoring already. Download something like Motherboard Monitor to monitor it.

I have a Digital Audio Power Mac G4, and while some G4s offer mobo. temp sensors, mine does not (though some CPU upgrades do as well, which again, my 1.33 Ghz does not).

I'll read some more reviews and just go from there. I have a Stealth case fan it works dandy so far...may look at something along those lines....

Well I have an AMD K6-2 500mhz that has the ability to give a general temperature reading (motherboard thermistor on bottom of socket), so don't discount that you can't read temperature already.

You should use like a 92mm-to-60mm adapter and get a slow spinning fan. That would reduce noise a lot.

Lord almighty (on the Zalman - just bought one for my Radeon card a few weeks ago).

I'll have to see about clearances and mounting first - them there PowerPC chips is finicky on what will mount and what won't....

Back