New Puppy

:
2003.5 White Mazda Protege5
So over the weekend the wife and I got a new puppy. We have been looking for awhile and while my friend and I were out buying wood to build his new speaker box and some other stuff we ran across some people selling Black Lab/Austratlian Shepherd mixes. She is very cute and is 10 weeks old. She's a little s*** too though! LoL - We knew we would have to potty train her but living in an apartment it is a hard task. She sleeps in a kennel with a blanket draped over it (I did this because it is a 'cage' and I read online that when the walls around them are solid they feel more secure). She whines when she has to go to the bathroom but sometimes we don't make it outside in time. At least she is trying though! If anyone has any tips, let me know! Thanks

Here she is.. Her name is Athena (Goddes of Love)

normal_100_6720.jpg
<br>
normal_100_6721.jpg
<br>
normal_100_6722.jpg
<br>
normal_100_6725.jpg
<br>
normal_100_6726.jpg
<br>

Last edited:
dinux said:
So other the weekend the wife and I got a new puppy. We have been looking for awhile and while my friend and I were out buying wood to build his new speaker box and some other stuff we ran across some people selling Black Lab/Austratlian Shepherd mixes. She is very cute and is 10 weeks old. She's a little s*** too though! LoL - We knew we would have to potty train her but living in an apartment it is a hard task. She sleeps in a kennel with a blanket draped over it (I did this because it is a 'cage' and I read online that when the walls around them are solid they feel more secure). She whines when she has to go to the bathroom but sometimes we don't make it outside in time. At least she is trying though! If anyone has any tips, let me know! Thanks

Here she is.. Her name is Athena (Goddes of Love)

She is adorable but.....
Athena is the Greek goddess of wisdom
Aphrodite is the goddess of love

How big is she supposed to get?

D'oh! I didn't pick out the name so we wont tell my wife she was wrong! Haha! Athena is a cute name I think and the puppy seems to like it. Not sure how big she will get but she has some pretty big paws. I think she is supposed to be about two and a half to three feet tall (on all four legs of course). Probably around 40 pounds or so maybe a little more. Not too sure though. She is a sweetheart though.

Pos rep for naming her after a Greek goddess. My greyhound's name is Gaia, the Greek earth goddess.

Haha! She was sleeping so much when we first got her because of the shot that was given to her. I think she slept two days straight besides eating and going potty.

So I got home last night to an upset wife. Apparently the puppy is becoming too much for my wife to handle. Haha! No worries, she isn't going anywhere. She needs to be trained and I had to explain that to the wife. She likes to chew on things especially feet and sox. (The dog, not my wife! Haha). It doesn't bother me, I can always buy new sox. Not feet, but I can deal there.

dinux said:
So I got home last night to an upset wife. Apparently the puppy is becoming too much for my wife to handle. Haha! No worries, she isn't going anywhere. She needs to be trained and I had to explain that to the wife. She likes to chew on things especially feet and sox. (The dog, not my wife! Haha). It doesn't bother me, I can always buy new sox. Not feet, but I can deal there.

My wife said the SAME thing about ours. "Its too soon... its so stressfull dealing with a dog" Eventually she got over it once he trained. She was crying and everything... so damn dramatic. "Maybe we aren't ready for a dog" blah blah. We both work full time 8-5, so it was hard at first to have that added responsibility. Now it is easy.

You're puppy is very cute. She was looking at a white Lab/Ausie when we picked her out. My wife has been good the last few days with taking care of her. We also both work full time 8-5 but I also work another job with my friend and his dads electrical business. I don't have to but it's extra money and really helps us out.

Back