200whp+ safely

PlatinumMSP

:
Blazing Yellow 03.5 MSP
So this is my plan to get over 200whp with just two more mods to my current setup....

3" full exaust
Unichip at hi-boost

thats about all i want to do to my car, opinions? i'm an engineering student so i dont have time for a job, but i cant help but want to mod my msp, my funds pretty much come straight out of my student loans, so i want my mods to count and not blow my engine

what do you guys think?

.l

Sounds cool I made 201 whp aty 9 psi with cai, Fmic ,catless midpipe, and stock ecu.

i was thinking about getting a CustomMSP smic, but then wont i need to get my unichip retuned? plus it just adds to my debt... :( i hate living off loans, but i love my msp :)

i dont mind buying used parts either, so if someone wants to offer me something let me know, remember i'm pretty poor

Unichip will be fine with the mods you have. It will be fine with the mods but will produce more power if mapped for the mods you have. 200hp is attainable with the mods you mentioned.

quick question platinum, do you have any pictures of your headlights im curious to see the titanium headlight conversion
thanks

its a 3rd gen..............nothing is safe..........dun dun dunnnnn

Not if you dont cheap out like all the people that have blown motors.

didnt corksport make 200WHP with catless exhaust, unichip and an intake? you are pretty much there already :) you will LOVE 10+psi its like a new car.

if i were you, i'd use your student loans on what they are used for so you wont break your car.

yeah thats what my parents said, i'm way over that, i'll pay for it later when i get my civil engineering degree and make bank

fixedspicylsd said:
take it from someone who did what you are thinking about doing.

Seconded.

Using student loan funds to pay for mods = not a very smart idea. Your parents are right.

It took me 2+ years to dig out of stupid, stupid, stupid student loan and CC debt that I racked up in college that could have been avoided altogether.

Get a part-time job for mod money and go to all possible lengths to avoid debt.

sorry mom and dad...haha

look guys i'm gonna do this regardless of what you think, i'm just asking for help so i spent my money the right way. I'll be making 60k a year starting next summer, so i'm not worried about my loans being a future problem, i goto cal poly san luis obispo, its like 5k tuition a year, usc is 30k tuition a year, so yeah just chill

w

Hers a little vid of 12psi . Mods fmic, full exhaust , cai , Mpi tuner and 2 injectors . Fun but traction is a b****.

Last edited:
yeah thats definatly my dream right there, what are the apprx cost of the mods, which one do you think made the biggest difference for you? i've got about $500 i can use right now...

Well you need to free up exhaust first i think. Then the mpi with extra injectors. Then fmic for coller intake temps. Its fun but dam expensive. You prob could get a apex catless downpipe and a shop to do a custom catback for around 500.00 or so. Then mpi with the extra injectors is like 900.00 . Thats what i would start with .

mazdaspeed75 said:
Well you need to free up exhaust first i think. Then the mpi with extra injectors. Then fmic for coller intake temps. Its fun but dam expensive. You prob could get a apex catless downpipe and a shop to do a custom catback for around 500.00 or so. Then mpi with the extra injectors is like 900.00 . Thats what i would start with .

i'd like to still be able to pass smog so i'd need a catted one, but its damn expensive its like 400 bucks just for the downpipe

Back