Boom Boom for my Zoom Zoom

Attachments

• KFC-WDA69RC_500.jpg
    KFC-WDA69RC_500.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 177
WhitewaterPearl said:

Now there's an idea - kids be damned, I am replacing the rear speaker with subs.... :)

That is a very intruiging product. I bet that this setup could quite easily be installed into the rear side bins without much fuss at all (and without eliminating the factory rear speakers) - AND it would be barely notceable from outside the vehicle if looking in. I think this is the best idea yet!

Anyone know how these little beasts sound?

I also took a peek at the "mini-sub" and "mini-tube". Their dimensions are:

sub: 11.1" x 7.67" x 3.6"
that is like smaller than a sheet of letter-sized paper! and only 3" thick! I must go outside and measure.....

tube: 6.3" x 6.1" x 15/5"
small as well but I don't think it will fit anywhere I am thinking of.

Thanks WWP! Great ideas - I will follow these ones up with a bit-o-research.

I remember hearing about these things like 10-12 years ago but I never actually 'heard' them. I don't know if they are all they claim to be. But if they are, they might be an option.
Aura Bass Shakers
product_bassshaker.jpg

WhitewaterPearl said:

I think this is a portion of the market that needs to develop some more. No one makes 8" 6x9", 6.5", or 6x8" free-air subwoofers anymore. Now that amps have sub-sonic filters I think it is a viable option for people with sedans that don't want to use up trunk space. Since you would mount them directly to the rear deck they have a potential to get more sound into the cabin than a single 8" or 10" sub sitting in the trunk. If you set a subsonic filter at 25-30Hz they will perform quite nicely.

Prolly not. I've never even heard of them and they are not listed on Kenwood's site if you choose USA as your country.

chuyler1 said:
Prolly not. I've never even heard of them and they are not listed on Kenwood's site if you choose USA as your country.
Many overseas web vendors will ship to North America some even show prices in US currency and accept credit card payments online.
Back in 1997-99 many of us Subaru "WRX wanna be's" purchased stuff directly from Japan, Australia, HK, UK and Germany all the time. It's just a matter of knowing exactly what you want and trusting who you are about to send your hard earned cash (bank draft) to.

I personally wouldn't hesitate to purchase from an overseas web site...but that's just me.

Last edited:
Back