Factory Remote Car Starter Problems...o god help me

I am having major issues with my factory remote car starter for 06 m3 s grand touring 4 door. All connections solid but the car wont start and all it does is beep my horn continuously.

any help would rock

you install it yourself? you have an automatic right cause it won't work on a standard... trust me... :( if you did do it yourself make sure you hood switch is hooked up correctly, and you need to go over your connection on more time... the numbers that are on the instructions are on the actual plugs, as there are a couple of the same color wires in the same area especially under the glove box so trace them back and make sure you got the right one... if you did tap the wrong wire untap it and use some electrical tape (or push out the pin and use shrink wrap though that can be a pita) to cover your tap marks.... not sure what exactly your problem is does the horn just beep or go off a certian number of times?

tsunami said:
you install it yourself? you have an automatic right cause it won't work on a standard... trust me... :( if you did do it yourself make sure you hood switch is hooked up correctly, and you need to go over your connection on more time... the numbers that are on the instructions are on the actual plugs, as there are a couple of the same color wires in the same area especially under the glove box so trace them back and make sure you got the right one... if you did tap the wrong wire untap it and use some electrical tape (or push out the pin and use shrink wrap though that can be a pita) to cover your tap marks.... not sure what exactly your problem is does the horn just beep or go off a certian number of times?

It is an automatic, M# S GT with bose option. Yeah i did the install myself....I went to Midwest car club and got the diagram fdor the pcb to make sure I was taping the correct wires. O yeah those taps things sux. Half the time they cut the wires or don't even nick the sheathing to make contact, so I did a three way buttt contection with a shielded disconnect on each wire to the pcb. I will check the hood pin and the brake wire. The instruction said the hood pin didn't have a polarity so didn't matter which wire went where. But still this problem is with just trying to start the car with the key, not the car starter itslef

I am having major issues with my factory remote car starter for 06 m3 s grand touring 4 door. All connections solid but the car wont start and all it does is beep my horn continuously.

any help would rock

May be the starter that the dealer gave you was really defective. You should have them replace it. Or probable get your money back and buy a starter at another store.. a more reliable one.

Last edited:
Back