Recommendation for replacement pads

i used the hawk performance brake pads and their great. I dont auto cross my car or take it to the track and they've held up great, still like 1/4" of pad on em after how many thousand miles.... I went with the cros drilled and slotted rotors just cuz they were cheaper then OEM and they do a little better in the rain.

didnt even check the link u posted till after i posted my first response..... (deadhorse ...ive heard good things about the green stuff pads too.

Put EBC Green stuff pad on my Focuss after the oems were wearing out at 20K & dusting up my wheels badly. MUCH better braking power (got their drilled slotted matching rotors to) Also made the dust issue virtually gone.

How long should I expect the stock brake pads to last on my Mazda 3 anyway? I just passed 30K miles, and I was planning to replace them, but when I looked at them this morning, I found that there was 4-5mm of front pad left. In fact, it seemed that the front pads may have been a bit less worn than the rear pads, which seems counterintuitive. The rotors look pretty good, too.

I'm a fairly aggressive driver, but I do try to take it easy on the brakes and use lower gears going down hills. And I do a lot of freeway driving, so I may wind up putting on less wear than some drivers. What experience have others had?

its common for the 3 to wear down the back brakes faster than the fronts. My 3 has 40k on it and I use my brakes alot (downshifting doesn't slow the car down fast enough) and they still have plenty of pad left.

im just about ready to get rid of the bad stock brake pads because i cant stand the amount of brake dust they produce. i only have 6K on my 3 but i think im going to change my pads this summer.

im almost ready too. i have 30k miles on mine and the damn pads are still good and kicking, same with the rotors.
i have had new KVR cross drilled rotors (4 corners) and EBC Greenstuff pads (4 corners) sitting in my garage since the summer.

i just replaced all my pads with thermo quiet pads. and 2 front wagnor rotors, everything seems to be fine, and i got everything for 70 bux brand new. good to know ppl that can get s*** at cost

Back