CorkSport.com is MAZDA PERFORMANCE!
CorkSport.com is MAZDA PERFORMANCE!
Page 2 of 178 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: AFC-SplitSecond PSC1 Map Library

Donated: $10

2003 MazdaSpeed Protege

also anyone who has run the fmic map sucessfully before should have no problem with my winter fmic map since it only adds fuel to certain points, doesnt take any away.
    Jeff MSP ~ 2003 MazdaSpeed Protege

2003.5 Mazdaspeed Protege

Did a few last adjustments. i think i'm going to try to get my lazy ass to a dyno within a week or two. the only adjustment i made was i subtracted a little fuel at around 8psi to 11psi from 3500rpm to redline(6500rpm). i was just running a little rich when i would take off in 1st gear. If some1 else is running this map let me know what you think of it and if you think i need any more adjustments. thanks.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Production #2695
    Built by Manuel...back in business...

03 MSP

What's your afr with this one? I think we could list 3 maps for 440cc's listed as follows:
    Aggresive = 11.5-12 afr
    MidRange = 11-11.5 afr
    Conservative = 10-11 afr
    or something like that, what do you think?
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue_Speed
    Did a few last adjustments. i think i'm going to try to get my lazy ass to a dyno within a week or two. the only adjustment i made was i subtracted a little fuel at around 8psi to 11psi from 3500rpm to redline(6500rpm). i was just running a little rich when i would take off in 1st gear. If some1 else is running this map let me know what you think of it and if you think i need any more adjustments. thanks.

2003.5 Mazdaspeed Protege

that is a good idea. this one is a little rich at WOT. It would probably be under Conservative. i think i might mess with it tomorow to lean it out just a little bit more.

How much longer do you have before getting your car up and running?
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

03 MSP

Yeah I think is better for everyone to start out with a rich mix and then lean it out as needed
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

anyone running this with the maf relocated?
    Hiboost FMIC
    Greddy BOV
    JoeP MBC
    Custom 3" s-pipe back
    MAF relocated to cold pipe
    IAT relocated to cold pipe
    Injen CAI
    Autometer gauges
    626 Intake Mani

_.-._.-._.-._.-._.-._ peepsalot's Avatar
    Donated: $30

Black 03 MSP

Quote Originally Posted by byohndspeed
    anyone running this with the maf relocated?
    Yeah, I run damn rich at WOT too. I haven't tuned it sepcifically for my car yet. Will do soon. I'm wondering if something else is up with my car because others have said that relocated MAF leaned them out some.
    yep

i think alot of it has to do with the iat location. the hotter the iat sees, the leaner it will go..

_.-._.-._.-._.-._.-._ peepsalot's Avatar
    Donated: $30

Black 03 MSP

Yeah I definitely didn't relocate that.

2003 MazdaSpeed Protege

without a wideband reading to see if you are leaning out, I would keep the sensor where it is running the afc. Thats why I put mine back and removed the BOV/ Now she purrs and i dont have to worry about zoom zoom boom. If you get a WB reading and things are ok then you are fine, I just dont like to gamble with a potential paperweight.

I ran all 3 maps in my car today to get some wb readings. My mods are smic, 2.5 s-pipe back, stock boost (7-7.5 psi). They all shared the same highs and lows. A little lean going into boost, fat in the midrange (2400-4000 rpm) leaning out between 4-4500 and then back to a richer mixture up until she coughs. W/ the stock supermap in 3rd gear wfo it ran in the 10.5-10.8 until 4k, 4-4.5k: 12.2-12.6 and then back down to 10.2-10.5 until redline. W/ the fmic maps: 9-9.2 until 4k, 10-10.2 until 4500 and then back into the 9's until redline. Jeffs winter map was as expected, a little more rich. So for me, the stock supermap is a better baseline (obviously). The temp here was about 25 degrees f when I took these readings. Figured I'd post them for the hell of it. When I get done modifying my map I'll post it up.

03 MSP

It looks like you need to customize your map a little.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fudgie
    I ran all 3 maps in my car today to get some wb readings. My mods are smic, 2.5 s-pipe back, stock boost (7-7.5 psi). They all shared the same highs and lows. A little lean going into boost, fat in the midrange (2400-4000 rpm) leaning out between 4-4500 and then back to a richer mixture up until she coughs. W/ the stock supermap in 3rd gear wfo it ran in the 10.5-10.8 until 4k, 4-4.5k: 12.2-12.6 and then back down to 10.2-10.5 until redline. W/ the fmic maps: 9-9.2 until 4k, 10-10.2 until 4500 and then back into the 9's until redline. Jeffs winter map was as expected, a little more rich. So for me, the stock supermap is a better baseline (obviously). The temp here was about 25 degrees f when I took these readings. Figured I'd post them for the hell of it. When I get done modifying my map I'll post it up.

yes sir! Will post when done. Suppose to get snow tonight. We'll see how the roads are tomorrow. I hate it when mother nature shits on my dyno!

03 MSP

what where the temps like when you tested the maps?

25 degrees F

Page 2 of 178 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast