AFC-SplitSecond PSC1 Map Library

If you are spiking that much your WG must be sticking, the diaphragm inside it must have torn, or the vac line to it must have fallen off. I am using one of the maps on the first page of this thread, can't remember which one. I think it is called FMIC map or something like that.

If you are spiking that much your WG must be sticking, the diaphragm inside it must have torn, or the vac line to it must have fallen off. I am using one of the maps on the first page of this thread, can't remember which one. I think it is called FMIC map or something like that.

Well I went out and messed with the lines a little bit. I am spiking at 9.5 and super steady at 9. I have a turbosmart actuator so maybe its the reason its so high.

anyone have cheap laptop suggestions? it will basically only be used for datalogging on the ssafc and web browsing. doesn't have to be big or fancy. just has to get the job done

Finally picked up an SSAFC for the Msp. Only have 3in cutback exhaust and cai. Hopefully the tune helps my high idle CEL and fixes my bogging. Will be installing my AEM wideband finally as well!

Installed the SSAFC v2 Yesterday.Haven't flashed any maps yet, but from what i read it should already come preloaded now with the superstock map.

On first start, car ran extremely rough and stalled out on me a few times. Had to give it some gas to actally idle a few times. While in idle AFRs are reading around the 10s. Also received a CEL p0102 and high idle CEL as well. Will be double checking the wiring, i used all the t taps that were included. I will also trying cleaning MAF to see if that helps as well.

What is the part number of the AFC? It should have a sticker on the bottom.

I would not recommend the T-taps for wiring, a crimp connector or solder is the way to go. The AFC will only come on in boost so unless your settings are incorrect the car should idle and drive normally until you get into boost.

I ended soldering all the connections, reset ECU and let it finish all its testing before loading the Superstock Map. After around 600mi I loaded up the map and it seems to be running a lot smoother in boost. I am still on stock boost. Just bought the upgrade SMIC and hardpipe setup that I will be installing soon. AFRs seem stable at where there should be while at idle and boost. Will do some data logging and post to show what the car is running like

Got my SSAFC Saturday, and will be installing it this weekend (along with rear suspension parts if they show up).

Only mod is a CAI (only because the stock one cracked and it was cheaper to do the cai). Looking forward to the install.

I installed my SSAFC last year, but I don't drive it much, sits most of the time, but it doesn't seem to have much of a difference to performance. I loaded the map (I think). but it seems to lean out far too much (based on when the engine is cold, it performs great, but as it warms up, It runs like crap). what troubleshooting steps should I do to make sure its working, and I have installed the correct map?

Hey guys, so I’m new to the community as far as forums go, I have owned my 2003 Mazdaspeed protege since 2015 and have been building on it for the last year. I bough it with the Split Second PSC1 030 controller installed and I’ve heard that it was supposed to come with an r232 connector but it didn’t and i can’t find anything on that online. I have the female usb flash port in my glove box and yesterday i downloaded the FMIC map from this thread. (I am currently running a CX Racing FMIC kit) and when i went to connect i realized that it is a female usb that i cannot plug into the laptop. My question is, is this a simple fix? Can i use a dual male usb cord to connect the flash to the laptop and run it or do i need a specific controller that will make this possible? Anything helps, thanks.

Attachments

• 1E9BEC9E-E344-4FD1-BA8C-9EC164595CB8.jpeg
    1E9BEC9E-E344-4FD1-BA8C-9EC164595CB8.jpeg
    598 KB · Views: 450
  • 37C679C9-F33C-49B7-B2E1-4537C7F636A3.jpeg
    37C679C9-F33C-49B7-B2E1-4537C7F636A3.jpeg
    584.1 KB · Views: 489
  • 27161C39-3EB3-4A99-86B4-CEA6FDBCDE5A.jpeg
    27161C39-3EB3-4A99-86B4-CEA6FDBCDE5A.jpeg
    485.6 KB · Views: 461
  • 1395C7E6-8F31-49BC-A4A1-EB4BA5486FF0.jpeg
    1395C7E6-8F31-49BC-A4A1-EB4BA5486FF0.jpeg
    204.8 KB · Views: 459
Take cover off of SSAFC by removing 4 screws. Plug 9pin port into SSAFC. Plug USB into laptop. :)

Take cover off of SSAFC by removing 4 screws. Plug 9pin port into SSAFC. Plug USB into laptop. :)
Ohhh that makes sense! So i guess the usb flash cord in my glove box is just there in the case the original equipment was all there like the r232 controller that it came with?

If you didn't install the SSAFC yourself, your guess is as good as mine with what that cord is in your glove box.

If you didn't install the SSAFC yourself, your guess is as good as mine with what that cord is in your glove box.
Yeahhh. But I’m glad you know of a work around. It is definitely connected to either the split second or the ecu but it’s a female usb so without a male to male usb cord I’m not sure how that cord would even be useful. Thanks again for the help. I’ll reach back out if i run into any further issues!

Reactions: 323
I am currently finishing up a build. Built motor, GT28 Turbo w/EWG, Catless DP, Corksport 80mm Exhaust,440cc Injectors, Relocated MAF, HKS VTA Bov, Custom FMIC, Short Ram Intake. Looking to make a clean 14.5psi. I have it on a tune and it is running "fine". BUT, it is a tad too rich at WOT it dips into the 10s, and the AFR at cruise/idle could be a bit more steady as well. It constantly bounces between 13.8-15.1.
Anybody on here still tuning with the ssaafc, with similar mods that has a solid tune? I have checked out the posted/stuck threads and based my current tune off of the 440cc Map.

I know this thread is kinda old but, I will ask a very silly question. What is the HP range for an MSP with a AFC, Catless 2.5" exhaust and a CAI? I have the 440cc injectors that I can install, what will be the difference if I install these and run the map for 440cc injectors? Do I need to install fuel rail with these injectors? Im new to this mod scene.
I made 250-260whp on a dyno stock block and turbo on 440cc with ssafc and a whole laundry list of other mods. Was my daily from 1/4/2004-11/15/2015. I bought new. I loved that car.

Due to the other obvious sabotage on this car, I have a single question. Will a map stay loaded if the unit hasn't been connected to power for a long time, like years ? The cord just happened to be laying in the floor, right beside the unit. Which, how often does that happen ? Even on a non sabotage car. Lol

Back