Mazda Releases 'Japan COTY' Edition Miata in Japan

mikeyb

Contributor
:
01 BMW 325xi Touring
Mazda Releases 'Japan Car of the Year Award
Commemorative Edition' Roadster in Japan

j6ocg7.jpg

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="90%" align=center><TBODY><TR><TD>Quote </TD></TR><TR><TD class=quote>
To mark the Roadster, known as MX-5 in overseas markets, winning the 2005-2006 Japan Car of the Year (JCOTY) Award, Mazda Motor Corporation will launch a special edition Roadster, called the 'Japan Car of the Year Award Commemorative Edition.' This new model goes on sale in mid-January 2006 at Mazda and Mazda Anfini dealerships throughout Japan. The special edition Roadster features the unique interior and exterior color combinations, in addition to leather bucket seats with a special color, the attractive cloth soft top, and BOSE sound system--all added as standard equipment. This new special equipment brings out a feeling of higher quality in the world's best-selling lightweight open two-seater sport car from drivers and admirers alike.

Outline of Roadster 'Japan Car of the Year Award Commemorative Edition'
Base model
Roadster RS (with six-speed manual transmission) or Roadster VS (with six-speed automatic transmission).

Special equipment
- Leather bucket seats and color-matched door trims
Heated leather seats in red or black, with door trim color matching the seat color.
- Cloth soft top (black)
Black quality texture cloth soft top.
- Award commemorative decals
An exclusive decal that celebrates Mazda winning the Japan Car of the Year Award is placed on the passenger side front fender.
- Other equipment
The BOSE sound system with a six-CD changer and seven speakers, the advanced keyless entry and engine starter system, front fog lights, and scuff plates, all come as standard equipment.

Body/interior colors
Two basic body colors, Copper Red Mica and Brilliant Black, are available as body exterior finishes, with an interior color in selection of black or red. Available combinations are as follows:

Body color Interior
(Leather seats & door trims) Soft Top
Copper Red Mica Black Black
Brilliant Black Red Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Prices of 'JCOTY Award Commemorative Edition' Roadster Model Engine Transmission Retail Price (in yen)
With tax Without tax
Japan Car of the Year Award
Commemorative Model 2.0L
DOHC 6MT 2,694,500 2,566,190
6AT 2,700,000 2,571,429

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

j6ofiw.jpg

j6ofva.jpg

j6og0p.jpg
j6og2e.jpg

Spooled said:
Why anyone would want an automatic tranny in a Miata is a mystery to me.

I test drove a MX-5 Touring model with auto/paddle shifter on the steering wheel. I really liked it. Shifted fast with great response. Hate to say this but...I'd drive one. (shrug)

i think the auto on the mx-5 is pretty well set up for people with all sorts of driving styles.

and mazda has mastered "we'll give it special trim upgrades but leave the power alone" mentality almost to the point of making it an artform. i think theyre too afraid that more power will create more competition with its own products.

Back