Performance Transmission?

kl_03maz

:
2003 Mazda Protege LX
OK,

I looked around and was unsuccessful. My eyes are strained from reading multiple posts.

Topic: Performance Transmission

Is there one for the protege?
Can one be made for a protege?
If So, who do you think would make it?

I ask these questions because I have heard/read stories about the stock transmission under high HP raising the white flag.

So what type of HP can the stock Transmission take?

Any pointers would help.

Currently running stock auto transmission.
Looking to run a performance built auto transmission with a performance torque converter and then later bolt it up to a MAMBuilt 2.0L motor.

Thoughts?

you can get a transmisson shop to beef up the internals of your stock auto tranny and buy a tranny cooler. that can really help. i read something somewhere how sum1 put a tranny from another car in the protege and used the stop protege mounts, but i think that for a manual....hope that helps somehow. Oh yeah the stock auto tranny can take horsepower, just dont redline it.

MikeyClutch said:
Oh yeah the stock auto tranny can take horsepower, just dont redline it.

LOL... too late...

Happens sometimes when theres a little bit of snow and you're going around corners sideways ;)

(drive2)

But yeah.. that helps.. I'll probably just have the tranny pulled and rebuilt with better machined parts!

Cheers!

Just send your tranny to be rebuilt with forged internals.

Thats what the "built" lantech transmission is basically.

Performance? Stronger or what?

Are there straight cut gears for the 2.0 tranny that someone makes? Our car with a dog transmission would be insanely fun. (More-so than it already is)

Back