2006 SCCA Solo Rules Released

apexlater

:
2000 MR2 Spyder
They can be found here

I wonder what you have to do to let them know about discrepancies.

For example:

AS classing has the Honda S2000 (00-03), Honda S2000 (04+)
BS classing has the Honda S2000

Street Touring has the Honda CRX eligible for STS2, but on the exclusion list it has the Honda CRX.

and there are apparently no rules for STS2 or STU.

the sccaforums people are all over the typos; don't worry.

so if I am reading this right I can do pretty much anything and still be able to stay in Street Mod?

here is what I have / am installing this winter, will I still be in SM?

built block from Mental Addiction
port & polished head from MPNick
626 intake manifold / or sheet metal intake
Sleeper Turbo kit from Mental Addiction
Ron Davis Rad
CF hood and trunk
the complete GT Spec suspension setup
Custom multimatic coilovers
custom camber plates
Quaife LSD
upgraded tranny gears from MPNick ( I am praying so anyway)
upgraded axles (possibly)
big brake kit on the front
ECU, emange right now but will probably be AEM or Microtech
EBC
Mental Addiction stage 3 fuel, fuel pump, FPR , fuel rail, etc
bigger injectors
lightweight flywheel and upgraded clutch
short shifter, shifter bushings
3" turbo back exhaust
racing seats
no weight reduction (yet)

this past year I ran in TSM but I dunno if I will get to go back or not, I really dont understand all of these rules lol

someone help me :D

Sounds like you're still in SM. You could also post your question here , and maybe more people will see it and we can help classify your car better in the future.

Did that sound like I was being an ass? I wasn't trying to be...seriously.

sounds OK to me. i'm not sure about the GT spec stuff; some of the braces might be a no-no even in SM. and remember, you can lose the back seat but need to keep the rest of the interior.

i would definitely go over the rules (remember: if it doesn't say you can, then you can't), and ask on sccaforums about any specifics you're unclear on. but definitely try to understand the rules on your own before you ask. SM is kind of different than most classes; "no weenie protests" is a theme. people are generally cool about stuff as long as you're upfront.

let us know how the headwork comes out; i'm interested to see how big the improvement is.

thanks guys, I have the head already, but its sitting on a shelf like most of the rest of this stuff :(

http://public.fotki.com/tekkie/my_car-1/mp_head/ the pics dont really do it justice

I guess once I get all of this done I will post it on the scca forums, I was just hoping to avoid some flaming lol

yeah some of the GT Spec stuff is questionable, I will have to ask about that before I buy it

looks nice. what did you have done?

you won't get flamed on sccaforums as long as you've put an honest effort into understanding the rules. the SM rules certainly are a lot to digest; i don't think anyone would fault you for having questions.

i wasn't trying to scare you off; there's just little patience anymore for people who obviously haven't looked at the rules. people there are generally extremely knowledgeable and helpful; you should certainly seek some input on any questions you have. just don't go in expecting people to do your research for you (which doesn't sound like the case).

yeah I was kidding about the flamming, from what I have seen they are pretty civil

they reference points, but I dont quite see how this works, I went to one of those car and driver racing things they had this summer and the point system was easy to understand it was all in plain writing

last year I asked quite a few people here in the detroit region ssca and some of them were senior guys, none of them seemed to know :( but probably because most of them were driving in prepared

not a big deal I have lots of time before its time to autox around here :(

as for the head Nick did all his usual tricks, valve cut, swirl polish, honed the head, port & polish, new valves, gave the springs more compression I think thats about it

This is going to sound stupid but the one I know that you can't do is the CF trunk.

"16.1
I. Hoods (engine covers), front fenders, front & rear facias, and
side skirts may be modified or replaced, and may be attached
with removable fasteners. Fenders may be flared as per Street
Prepared. Non-metallic fender liners may be modified, replaced,
or removed."

I am not sure on that GT Spec stuff. What parts are you planning on installing? the GT SPEC Front 4 Point Ladder Bar might not be legal.

look at the rules under
"16.1
G. Subframe connectors are allowed, but each connector must be
attached individually without any lateral components attaching
the two longitudinal frame rails. Subframe connectors may be
bolted or welded. SP allowances which authorize unrestricted
mounting of suspension components do not permit the
incorporation of non-SP-legal subframe connectors into the
mounting scheme for a Street Modified vehicle."

Some of the other GT Spec parts I am not sure about and you might want to ask people who know more about SM to make sure what I am telling you is correct.

Looking over the rest of your list they all look ok except for the 2 I mentioned above CF trunk and the complete GT Spec suspension setup. The CF trunk I doubt that anyone would have issues with locally as long as you are not near fully getting your cars weight down (If you seem to be fully prepping your car I would be more likely to protest something than if I see somebody that just happens to have a CF trunk but they are still running the rear seat and dont seem to be trying to pull out every last legal thing to get the weight down)

yeah I agree with you, that ladder bar is the part I figured I would have issues with

and like you said the CF trunk could be hit or miss depending on who complains :(

just let your fellow SM people know about it before someone says something; that way no one will think you're trying to pull one. like moxnix said, it's likely no one would complain.

Back