Rallycross

Rogue

Red 5 Standing by
Contributor
:
2003 MSP
I looked on the SCCA website, but I couldn't find a local region that did rally cross in the Southeast. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

well, both are 3+ hours away. I'm thinking maybe next season doing rallycross a couple times and see how it is. Plus, rally tires are cheaper than r-comps

Rogue Pro5 said:
well, both are 3+ hours away. I'm thinking maybe next season doing rallycross a couple times and see how it is. Plus, rally tires are cheaper than r-comps

R-comps are a lot cheaper than the destruction and abuse your car will receive...seriously.

kcbhiw said:
R-comps are a lot cheaper than the destruction and abuse your car will receive...seriously.

werd. last year i killed a tie rod and control arm on my 3rd run. unfortunately, it looked like both were bad castings, lots of porosity in both where they snapped.

*wishes I was at home so I could post pic of luke DREFFTin' off-road at an autox*

it's pretty common, this is part of the reason forged wheels are so strong -- the immense pressure in the forging process eliminates most/all threatening porosity.

kcbhiw said:
I'd say "destruction" might be a bit of an exaggeration here. If the course is set up properly and done on a decently smooth site, there shouldn't be any damage. I have been to a few rallycrosses that got a little dug up and rough later in the day. I just called it day early to preserve the car. Good organizers will move the corners around before the ruts get deep. Still, mudflaps and perhaps a skid plate will enable you to run any rallycross with confidence.

Mike Kamm said:
I'd say "destruction" might be a bit of an exaggeration here. If the course is set up properly and done on a decently smooth site, there shouldn't be any damage. I have been to a few rallycrosses that got a little dug up and rough later in the day. I just called it day early to preserve the car. Good organizers will move the corners around before the ruts get deep. Still, mudflaps and perhaps a skid plate will enable you to run any rallycross with confidence.

Sounds contradicting to me ;). What good is a smooth rally-x? hehe

someone elses that RallyX!!!!!!!!!!! kick ass! Smooth is boring. Its no fun til you lose a front lip. I rallied my previous integra to death. Can't wait to do the same in my new msp!

Back