Official Mazda CX-7 Specs, Pics + PDF!

Antoine

Administrator
2007 MAZDA CX-7: A HIGH-STYLED CROSSOVER SUV WITH
THE SOUL OF A SPORTSCAR
Mazda_CX7.jpg

2007 Mazda CX-7

LOS ANGELES Mazda North American Operations (MNAO) today announced details of its much-anticipated upcoming 2007 Mazda CX-7 crossover sport-utility vehicle (SUV). The company also confirmed that the car will make its public debut at the upcoming Greater Los Angeles Auto Show here, and the North American International Auto Show in Detroit in January 2006.

The Mazda CX-7 is the first of three all-new Mazda vehicles that are being designed and engineered specifically for the North American market.

Mazdas five-seat CX-7 is a refreshing departure from the fleet of traditional SUV s currently plying American roads. Produced on entirely Mazda-derived platform architecture, Mazda CX-7 embodies an astute blend of sports car verve and SUV practicality, resulting in a fun-to-drive SUV with Mazdas trademark Soul of a Sportscar . It is a vehicle that brings together performance and design like never before. The Mazda CX-7 is just right for adventurous couples driven by the urge for discovery.

The North American market continues to play a pivotal role in Mazda Motor Corporations global future, said Jim OSullivan, president and CEO, MNAO. Vehicles such as CX-7, designed and engineered specifically for the North American market, will make Mazda an important and influential force in the industry . This vehicle represents everything a Mazda SUV should be: powerful, great styling , detailed craftsmanship and fun to drive. Mazda at its finest .

The distinctive exterior design of the Mazda CX-7 is an extension of the sports car motif influenced by the 1995 RX-01 and 2005 MX-Crossport concept vehicles. In addition, CX-7s strong emotional styling shows its family resemblance to the RX-8 sports car. Prominent front fenders, A-pillars rooted at the bodys leading edge, and Mazdas signature five-pointed grille clearly register this new model as a Mazda. The 18- inch aluminum wheels and tires proclaim Mazda CX-7s Zoom-Zoom intentions and immediately signal that this is a vehicle built for drivers .

An interior design , also previewed by the MX-Crossport concept , fulfills every car enthusiasts innate desire to jump in and drive. The three- dial instrument cluster, sports car inspired high-mounted shifter and fo rm-fitting front bucket seats are configured for spirited motoring. The instrument panel consists of a unique double-roof structure, in which a small roof over the meter cluster is positioned just in front of a large roof that extends across the entire instrument panel. The 60-40 split rear seat accommodates three adults in comfort and quickly converts to an extension of the 29.9 -cu. ft. cargo hold, bringing total cargo capacity up to 58.6- cu. ft . The 39-inch-long rear compartment (seats up) offers more stowage space than some larger SUVs.

Matching the sporty appearance is Mazda CX-7s powerful and dynamic performance. Mazda CX-7 is powered by a turbocharged and intercooled 2.3-liter four-cylinder direct-injection gasoline engine that produce s 244-horsepower at 5,000 rpm. While key powertrain features are shared with the recently launched MAZDASPEED 6 , the Mazda CX-7 is exclusively tuned to deliver 258 lb-ft of torque at a remarkably low 2, 5 00 rpm, and at least 99-percent of the maximum torque available all the way to the 5,000 rpm horsepower peak. With Mazdas six-speed Sport AT transmission, CX-7 performs as if theres an engine twice the size under the hood. Furthermore, the Mazda CX-7 delivers an estimated 23 mpg in combined driving.

A sturdy unitized body structure, fully independent suspension, and four-wheel ventilated disc brakes with standard four-wheel anti-lock braking system ( ABS ) , Dynamic Stability Control (DSC) and Traction Control System (TCS), underlie Mazda CX-7s athletic road manners. Customers may select the driveline best suited to their needs: F ront-Wheel Drive or Mazdas Active Torque-Split All-Wheel Drive . With Active Torque-Split All-Wheel Drive , a computer-controlled coupling feeds up to 50-percent of the engines torque to the rear wheels for exceptional handling whether the driving conditions are dry and fast or slippery and paced.

Mazda CX-7 arrives in the spring of 2006 as a 2007 model.

icon2.gif
Mazda CX-7 Features and Specs PDF!

http://www.mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/flas...esAndSpecs.pdf

icon2.gif
Mazda CX-7's Official site on MazdaUSA.com

http://www.mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/disp...er=upcomingCX7

(attn) *UPDATE about the CX-7's offset Thanks to Zoom49
18X 7 1/2 J 50
So offset = 50

2007MazdaCX7_1%20(Medium).jpg

nice. wish it had a manual transmision option, though. soul of a sports car indeed...the soul of a sports car starts with having three pedals.

I think I want one... any words on pricing?

Rumor has it the MPV is dead soon. Replaced by a three-row CX-9 crossover.

I'm liking the CX-7 though.

Edit: so what are the three vehicles just for NA? CX-7, CX-9, ....?
TampaSport20 said:
expect the 2.3 DIS Turbo to go in a LOT of mazda's cars...the MPV is next

Mazdas five-seat CX-7 is a refreshing departure from the fleet of traditional SUV s currently plying American roads.

But only if you completely forget the Nissan Murano and the Infinity FX.

sports car inspired high-mounted (automatic) shifter

Weak. If you're going to have two pedals, and call it sports car inspired, it better be an SMG.

I'm not panning the vehicle. I'm panning the marketing. Let's call a truck a truck, a car a car and a wierd car-like SUV thingy a minivan, 'cause as much as it gets some people's manhoods in a bunch, that's what most of the SUV's out there are.

I've had the official Canadian spec document on the CX-7 for about 10 days now. I was told to keep it confidential until January, but since thye are releasing the info I will share :)

Its actually 258 ft-lbs or torque at 2000 RPM with a very serious 1st gear, this thing should rocket off the line. If you have any questions ask away!!

Mazda3 said:
I've had the official Canadian spec document on the CX-7 for about 10 days now. I was told to keep it confidential until January, but since thye are releasing the info I will share :)

Its actually 258 ft-lbs or torque at 2000 RPM with a very serious 1st gear, this thing should rocket off the line. If you have any questions ask away!!
Only one question....

When are you coming to pick me up????

Sweet ride. I wonder in the 244 hp figure is what we can expect to see in the MS3?

RHAGEL said:
Sweet ride. I wonder in the 244 hp figure is what we can expect to see in the MS3?

The power band on the CX-7 is tuned for the 3900lbs vehicle. The application for the MS3 will be slightly different. The figure I heard was 253 HP.

i think if mazda can undercut the pricing of the Murano, they may be able to steal marketshare from Nissan quite easily

Back