Mazdaspeed Miata, 06 Miata, or Used 01 Boxster.

FSDET

:
E90 2006 325i 6spd
Im selling my MSP next month, Im looking to buy a convertable, but i dont know which one to go with ....

i say MSM or boxter. Not too fond on the new mx-5....

For me, it would come down to the colors, cuz i like both of the others alot. lol, so i guess that doesn't help much. Oh well, i tried. :)

Only one way to find out - gotta drive all of them several times. Not one size fits all - definitely a tough choice.

I was between the MSM and the '06 MX-5 and the the new '06 just won me over. But that's me - it was exactly what I wanted w/ a warranty to boot. I would LOVE an '01 boxter - just can't afford to fix one if there's an issue.

read the latest sport compact car... they do a shootout of the MSM, new miata, and turbo'ed older miata and draw some good conclusions about each model based on what a potential buyer would want and get from each car.

The 01 Boxsters are nice. (we have a 01 S and a 01 non-S) Depends what you want. If you want a quick fun fast car that will drive nice and be reliable as long as you do proper maitnance and don't beat the hell out of it, get the Boxster. If you want a slightly slower car you can beat within an inch of its life and expect to last at least 150k miles, get the Miata.

I have raced the Miata from 97-01 Boxster from 01-04 and the Miata again in 05+. The Miata is a fun momentum car that you can toss around. The boxster is about sheer grip g loads AWESOME brakes and good grunt. Keep in mind tire prices too. Boxster will cost more for tires wheels and repairs.

The boxster also has a LOT of trunk space (it does have 2 of them).

David Hedderick
Houston, TX
PCA Autocross Chairman
SCCA autocrosser
etc.

daily driver? - MX-5
like boost or a small guy - MSM
penis envy - Boxster! lol

I agree though, drive them all.

Im considering an Audi TT also. BTW this is gonna be my daily driver for 2-3 years

mountjonas said:
06 mx-5 should do the trick. from what i hear, servicing the boxer isn't cheap.

true... you've gotta put it up on a lift to change the oil inthe damn thing...

no thanks no VTEC for me... Actually I think ive narrowed it down to MSM and Audi TT.

TT minus 500 lbs:)

Also, what about a used SLK? I know they can be had, and you can find them in hard-top...

I guess it doesnt matter though if you are in a warmer climate though...

yesiownaskyline said:
TT minus 500 lbs:)

Also, what about a used SLK? I know they can be had, and you can find them in hard-top...

I guess it doesnt matter though if you are in a warmer climate though...

Ya I was considering that too, since the 230 is supercharged but I dont know.. I like the Xenons that come with thet TT

All good choices. But answer this question and see which sounds better to you.

"What do you drive?"

a) A Miata
b) A Honda
c) A Porsche

...thought so. And if the answer wasn't c then I don't know, I can't help.

Back