We lost a fellow brother last night...

A seatbelt and driving the speed limit, would have saved his life. I see it way too much and it sucks to lose people because of this. I am sorry for the loss once again but absolutely preventable and it just hurts to see young people dying to this s***. Sadness....

Wow, this is truly a horrible event. I did not know Shannon very well but He seemed like a really nice guy. I sand my best to his family, and also to you Ron as you were good friends with him. I wish I could attend the services but I am going out of town friday morning.

I just got home and saw this on the news and recorded it with my DVR i was like whoa hold up, thats a MSP. I was wondering if i had ever met him. Either way, it is definantly terrible news, and i wish the best for his close friends and family, and in particular his girlfriend. If there is anything i can do, please send me a PM or email.

My condolences to his family and everyone who knew him. I never met or talked to the guy, but its a shame to have someone leave like that. I just saw the pic of the car and I'm speechless. I wish to god that everyone else wears there seatbelts and drives safely in the future.

sanblaster1 said:
A seatbelt and driving the speed limit, would have saved his life. I see it way too much and it sucks to lose people because of this. I am sorry for the loss once again but absolutely preventable and it just hurts to see young people dying to this s***. Sadness....

I don't know man... did you see that car? the way it looked, it doesn't look like a seatbelt would have done anything. Driving the speed limit may have helped but... where did you see he was driving over the speed limit? I suppose it's reasonable enough to assume... but in reality, you're right. seatbelts aren't worn enough... we should all make a habit of it. as for the speed limit... well, no one's ever going to drive that so we might as well be as safe as possible.

RIP

MikeBlueP5 said:
I just got home and saw this on the news and recorded it with my DVR i was like whoa hold up, thats a MSP. I was wondering if i had ever met him. Either way, it is definantly terrible news, and i wish the best for his close friends and family, and in particular his girlfriend. If there is anything i can do, please send me a PM or email.

any way you can get that off the dvr and send to me?

Oh man... im loss for words... thats so sad...

My Condolences to all his loved ones.

RIP Shannon

I'll be at the service ron. Anybody that wants to meet up woth me and go together let me know.

wow. i never met him but please accept my condolences. it sends shivers up my spine cause you never know when is your last day. DOnt take life for granted and be safe

yeah. I read abt it earlier, but I just got back from school / work and had time to think. Stuff like this really puts things into perspective. Keep him, and his friends and family in y'alls thoughts and prayers.

At some point it ends

I have not spoken or been on this forum in months. I have been caught up in the storms that my life has thrown me on every corner and every horizon. My life has changed so much since the last time I seen you guys. I am not here to speak about my own life and trials that come with it. But to identify that a life change has taken place in your life Ron, and so many others. I imagine that the world looks a little different to you at this point in time. It is profound how life begins to become so surreal when a life storm comes our way. Some things begin to loose their importance and we begin to question the trivial things in life, and start to look at the point of this life. I dont know a whole lot, but I do know that God has brought me through the things that I thought would take me under. And when the pain would not stop and I was constantly stressing. On the eve of those storms there always laid a blessing. He said he will not put more on you than you can bare. And will always provide a way to escape. He was my escape. I do not know about your faith or what or who you worship if anyone at all. Sometimes these things sound like a nursery rhyme. And some may ask why am I bringing up God? Just ask yourself is there a better time to wonder if there is anything left after the ashes of this life have settled? Death is a fact of life, people can ignore it if they like. But that is one appointment that God will not let us miss. For what it is worth Ron I would like to say God be with you. And that is the most that I can give to anyone who is going through a storm like this.

I am really sorry to hear this, a loss of anyone is life changing and even though I didnt know him personally he was a part of this community and it makes me sad. I will pray for his friends and family. May he rest in peace..

I just got word that Shannons mom has been reading what everyone has been saying, and wanted me to pass a message along to everyone that has posted.

Thank you very much for everyones support and anyone that wants to come to the service I would greatly appreciate it

I'm sorry to say I missed my chance to know him.

For those that got the chance, my condolences on your loss.

-Eric

wow, i didn't know him, but while looking at his "myspace" an listening to that song and flipping between the car picture and this thread i broke a tear :(
so sad to see people go, especially this damn young. i wonder what his last thoughts were when he was coming around that corner :'(
RIP bro

Shannons Mother

^tyrant^ said:
I just got word that Shannons mom has been reading what everyone has been saying, and wanted me to pass a message along to everyone that has posted.

Thank you very much for everyones support and anyone that wants to come to the service I would greatly appreciate it

To Shannons mother and family: Prayer changes things and you most definately have mine. Sorry to have omitted you all in the last post. God's grace be with you.

I am going to do my very best to make it to the service. Currently I have to work, but that easily be changed.

Scott: I would be up for meeting you somewhere and following you there... or meeting anyone for that matter.

Back