Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829

Thread: We lost a fellow brother last night...

2013 CWP MS3 / 1977 Celica GT

Quote Originally Posted by ^tyrant^ View Post
    I cant believe its been 6 years already...

R.I.P. Shannon.
    x2

'13 Mazda3 / '13 Edge / Your Mom

X3
    Rip
    13 MZ3 // 13 Edge
    If you see spam.... REPORT IT! Fight the spam, don't eat it... or bump the spam threads.
    Audio stuff for sale!

Registered Member

94 Sentra se-r Turbocharged

i never ever thought id see a car wrapped around a telephone pole like that, but i just recently wrecked my msp and this makes me very thankful that i am still alive today.
    rip man, i know i didnt know you but i hope your resting good and running the mazda world up above!

Registered Member

03.5 MSP and 94 Cobra

I am just seeing this for the first time... I used to live in Augusta and traveled to Atlanta sometimes for Thanksgiving in recent years.. that is probably one of worst wrecks I have ever seen pictures of...
    94 Cobra (#3,672) DID 13.5's on radials... on stock engine, no NOS, no turbos, no blower... speedo gear now FIXED, new tires, new battery, new license plates w/ two year sticker!!! PASSED INSPECTION!!!! Ready for driving after SIX YEARS of being dormant!!! (stock engine no longer in car ) IF I could afford 5 mpg!!!!

2003.5 Mazdaspeed Protege (#1,573) Zoom, Zoom, BOOM Hey it's turboed, I get three Zooms biatch... lol

new lots of stuff and replaced engine from MSP donor #1,482 due to BOOM went my ZOOM-ZOOM
    Hey baby, how bout a little Boom-Boom in my Zoom-Zoom?

Registered Member

2015 Mazda 6

When i got my MSP a few weeks ago, I could not help but think about him, I met him a few times when he first got the car, one of the first guys to own a msp in GA. I still had my 1st gen protege, here are some pics from a meet back in 2003, Just random thoughts, and photos to share! Here it is 9 years later and I own a MSP.

Attached Images Attached Images

2003 Honda Odyssey EX

Living and driving for a living in NJ-NY-PA-CT, you see a lot of bad accidents. I have to say... I have never seen a car completely wrapped around a pole like that. I have even seen a car in the middle of the road, on it's roof, facing the wrong direction, but the car itself was intact. The amount of force needed to actually bend the frame like cheese, must've been going mighty fast, I would estimate at least 90mph.

I am thankful to God that the few instances I have actually tried to race on a public road, I never wiped out, but I could've very easily, and so I am grateful.

R.I.P. 1338
    Last edited by ukulele; 12-24-2012 at 01:54 AM.

Registered Member clement_ghost's Avatar

Mazda Protege SE 2000

I didn't know that guy but still can feel the pain you guys have when an event like this happens. Here in Quebec we lived the same kind of dramatic event in last april. We lost a friend, my "lapping buddy" and a great moderator of the clubmazdaquebec. The picture talks by itself...

R.I.P. David (Kasanova from CMQ)

Hope these guys are lapping up there!

Also give all my respect to 1338, his family and friends.

We then took example from you guys and made these decals we can see on a lotta cars here:

I sticked it on my fuel door... so every fuel-up is a reminder.
    Last edited by clement_ghost; 12-26-2012 at 01:09 PM.

DRIVER: STEVEN CLEMENT

'13 Mazda3 / '13 Edge / Your Mom

Better late than never. RIP.

And also, RIP Kasanova.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

2010 Mazda CX-7 i Sport

I am 7-1/2 years behind the times here; I only just discovered this thread. And I don't really know what to say.

I am not good with this sort of thing. But I don't care, I just have to say something. This happened long before I even got a Mazda, let alone joined this forum. But reading through this thread, beginning to end, felt like getting punched in the chest.

Big ups to you, Shannon. I wish all the best for your family and your peace. If there's a drive this year, and if I can swing it, I'll be there.

Registered Member KustombyJustin's Avatar

2003.5 MSP Blazing Yellow

I just came across this and honestly I about dropped to my knees in disbelief when the reality of what I was seeing finally sank in! To his family, loved ones and to all who knew #1338 I send my condolences. Shannon, know that you have touched so many people in life and in death. You will live on in the hearts and minds of your brothers & sisters in the Mazda community. RIP brother!

Registered Member

Protégé/ '17 CX5 Touring

Just saw the banner on the homepage. Didn't know him but Rest in Paradise our friend.

Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829