We lost a fellow brother last night...

i never ever thought id see a car wrapped around a telephone pole like that, but i just recently wrecked my msp and this makes me very thankful that i am still alive today.
rip man, i know i didnt know you but i hope your resting good and running the mazda world up above!

I am just seeing this for the first time... :( I used to live in Augusta and traveled to Atlanta sometimes for Thanksgiving in recent years.. that is probably one of worst wrecks I have ever seen pictures of...

When i got my MSP a few weeks ago, I could not help but think about him, I met him a few times when he first got the car, one of the first guys to own a msp in GA. I still had my 1st gen protege, here are some pics from a meet back in 2003, Just random thoughts, and photos to share! Here it is 9 years later and I own a MSP.

2ywy73a.jpg

2laa8o1.jpg

Attachments

• mazdameet 004.jpg
    mazdameet 004.jpg
    364 KB · Views: 258
  • mazdameet 005.jpg
    mazdameet 005.jpg
    328.6 KB · Views: 245
Living and driving for a living in NJ-NY-PA-CT, you see a lot of bad accidents. I have to say... I have never seen a car completely wrapped around a pole like that. I have even seen a car in the middle of the road, on it's roof, facing the wrong direction, but the car itself was intact. The amount of force needed to actually bend the frame like cheese, must've been going mighty fast, I would estimate at least 90mph.

I am thankful to God that the few instances I have actually tried to race on a public road, I never wiped out, but I could've very easily, and so I am grateful.

R.I.P. 1338 :(

Last edited:
I didn't know that guy but still can feel the pain you guys have when an event like this happens. Here in Quebec we lived the same kind of dramatic event in last april. We lost a friend, my "lapping buddy" and a great moderator of the clubmazdaquebec. The picture talks by itself...

1335150476076_ORIGINAL.jpg

R.I.P. David (Kasanova from CMQ)
PhotoshootTerrebonne06-08-111.jpg

Hope these guys are lapping up there!

Also give all my respect to 1338, his family and friends.

We then took example from you guys and made these decals we can see on a lotta cars here:
images

I sticked it on my fuel door... so every fuel-up is a reminder.

Last edited:
I am 7-1/2 years behind the times here; I only just discovered this thread. And I don't really know what to say.

I am not good with this sort of thing. But I don't care, I just have to say something. This happened long before I even got a Mazda, let alone joined this forum. But reading through this thread, beginning to end, felt like getting punched in the chest.

Big ups to you, Shannon. I wish all the best for your family and your peace. If there's a drive this year, and if I can swing it, I'll be there.

I just came across this and honestly I about dropped to my knees in disbelief when the reality of what I was seeing finally sank in! To his family, loved ones and to all who knew #1338 I send my condolences. Shannon, know that you have touched so many people in life and in death. You will live on in the hearts and minds of your brothers & sisters in the Mazda community. RIP brother!

Back