Motor-Trend car of the year....

Took top honors in NHTSA crash testing.

the ONLY car in its class to do so this year.

Civics are good cars... I would just hate to be associated with the majority of Civic Drivers

I'm not a fan of the new Civic's, but Honda always makes good products....no matter how much they weigh...how ugly they get...how far they stray from their roots...

J dragon said:
2006 must have been a slow year then (fuoops)
Plenty of Mazdas around....i guess they weren't interested in duratec powered cars from Hiroshima.

Replica said:
Plenty of Mazdas around....i guess they weren't interested in duratec powered cars from Hiroshima.

Touche my friend...touche (lol2)

Although I think they overlooked the Mazda 3, they need to reevaluate that decision.

we know you love your civic, so go park it in it's tailpipe already. but let it warm up first

Best value car their is. Fully loaded at $21K and still gets 22/30 mpg? Navigation and everything.

its a damn good value. May not be super fast but its feels great...a good dail driver. plus residual value is bound to be good!

vindication said:
we know you love your civic, so go park it in it's tailpipe already. but let it warm up first
I don't own a new 06....read my post. im not a big fan of the 06+

read my post. I did not say you won an 06. I said we know you love your civic(screwy)

03MzdSpdSTP said:
motortrend car of the year doen't mean s***. Look as some of the junk that made it.

<DD>2005 Chrysler 300C <DD>2004 Toyota Prius <DD>2003 Infiniti G35 <DD>2002 Ford Thunderbird <DD>2001 Chrysler PT Cruiser <DD>2000 Lincoln LS <DD>1999 Chrysler 300M <DD>1998 Chevrolet Corvette <DD>1997 Chevrolet Malibu <DD>1996 Dodge Caravan <DD>1995 Chrysler Cirrus <DD>1994 Ford Mustang <DD>1993 Ford Probe GT <DD>1992 Cadillac Seville Touring Sedan <DD>1991 Chevrolet Caprice Classic LTZ </DD>

Most of those cars are decent. The only debate I have is with the Cirrus and the Malibu. Although the Caravan may suck, it CREATED a category of vehicles. The rest are pretty decent cars for their time and expanded the auto industry.

My friend just got a 2006 EX with the 5-speed. It's actually very nice to drive. The lightest clutch pedal I have ever touched in my life.

J dragon said:
Touche my friend...touche (lol2)

Although I think they overlooked the Mazda 3, they need to reevaluate that decision.

only new cars are eleigible. unless the 3 was substantially redesigned for '06, it wasn't considered.

edit: and for a while, there was a separate category for "import car of the year." guess what won in '93? the RX-7. :D

that said, MT is a crappy magazine.

Industry-wise, the new civic is very important because it sets the standard for quality, safety, reliability, yada yada in small cars.

I'm not saying tha Mazdas aren't important - they are to me, but it is a good thing that Mazda hasn't "sold out" to make a cars that appeal to everyone (i.e. softer suspensions, lower power, tons of stupid accessories). By staying focused on enthusiast drivers, Mazda can make the cars we love, but their focus is too narrow to win any awards.

dmitrik4 said:
that said, MT is a crappy magazine.

word. C&D and R&T both focus much more on the tech aspects of the cars they review, so you actually learn a bit about why a car gets a certain mark.

03MzdSpdSTP said:
motortrend car of the year doen't mean s***. Look as some of the junk that made it.

<DD>2005 Chrysler 300C <DD>2004 Toyota Prius <DD>2003 Infiniti G35 <DD>2002 Ford Thunderbird <DD>2001 Chrysler PT Cruiser <DD>2000 Lincoln LS <DD>1999 Chrysler 300M <DD>1998 Chevrolet Corvette <DD>1997 Chevrolet Malibu <DD>1996 Dodge Caravan <DD>1995 Chrysler Cirrus <DD>1994 Ford Mustang <DD>1993 Ford Probe GT <DD>1992 Cadillac Seville Touring Sedan <DD>1991 Chevrolet Caprice Classic LTZ </DD>

Some of those cars are really poopy. For some cars I am thinking :confused:

Back