Small oil leak....

Blue_Speed

:
2003.5 Mazdaspeed Protege
Small oil leak....*PICS included*

Hey, i was just looking around to see if my car is running good and i noticed an oil leak on the bottom of the turbo, i think the oil feed line. I was wondering if any1 has ever had this problem. I was wondering if they had a stainless steel line you can replace it with. here's a pic of what i'm seeing.....any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• usb-serial 002.jpg
    usb-serial 002.jpg
    496.8 KB · Views: 231
Last edited:
I was reading in a couple threads that were similar. some1 suggested High Temp RTV to seal it, because it doesnt look like theres a gasket in there. May sound like a stupid question but if i unbolt the line will i have all the oil pouring everywhere??

bump before work......still no answers??? i dont wanna have to bring it into a shop and have them charge me a lot of money.

That's your oil drain line. There is a small rubber o-ring that seals the fitting to the turbo. I would go to your dealership and buy a new one. First, check the torque on those bolts, it could just be a loose fitting.

If they are well torqued: Drain your oilpan, unbolt the turbo drain line, check to see if the oring is in good condition and seated properly(most likely not), clean turbo and fitting, replace oring, retighten the drain line, fill motor with oil.

I wouldn't use RTV unless you replace the oring and its still not sealing. If you do use RTV, make sure you don't get any in the way of the drain line, you dont' want any clogs as the drain line needs to flow well.

Well i just ordered it. i'll pick up the o-ring too just incase for some reason the gasket doesnt fit.

Tough call. The drain line fitting that connects to the block uses a gasket. The fitting that connects to the turbo is the same design, but I'd rather depend on the rubber oring.

Bumppp....Well picked up the o-ring today and hopefully i'll get the gasket tomorow. if i dont get the gasket i'm just gonna make it a job this weekend. took a picture with the p/n on it for future reference for any1 else.

Attachments

• Digital Photo1 001.jpg
    Digital Photo1 001.jpg
    541.3 KB · Views: 163
Back