So....Yokohama's and Hardpack snow dont mix(56K enter if you dare)

winty87

I WANT TURBO!!
:
1998.5 Ford Contour SVT
Story....Coming home from school in Lansing today (12/2) and I get to my sub and its hard pack so i slow down to 15-20 to make this curve and i cut the wheel...still going forward, Neutral pulled e-brake, still going forward...Hit the mailbox, dirt and mailbox fly up and I'm in the ditch. OH AND TO MAKE IT BETTER! Ten min after I went in the ditch, the salt truck came by. thanks ass

FarAway.jpg

Some scrapage from the mailbox

CloseUpScrape.jpg

Behind.jpg

I'm getting snow tires on monday or tuesday. but yeah. once i hit the mailbox it went into slow motion as the dirt and mailbox were airborne then all of a sudden i was sitting the ditch

i know how you feel. outback + worn tires + ice + cliff wall = bad

when i first looked for a scrape i didnt see anything then i called my mom and she asked if the car was fine so i took a second look and i saw the scrapes and i flipped a b**** and threw some F's out and such.

dude same s*** happen to me the first winter i got the car, except it was a left curve, but the car kept going stright and right into the curb, I curbed the s*** out of one rim, and thank god i didnt hit the telephone pole that i was heading towards.

Ahh Michigan winters, I dont miss them hehe. Glad that you werent hurt and the car isnt to bad. I dont know how I ever made it through winter when I lived there and drove a civic with a 4" drop lol

That really sux man! Hey we have some space for you here in FL,lol!

ghost said:
That really sux man! Hey we have some space for you here in FL,lol!

I'll be in Florida during spring....which means michigan will still have 6" of snow.
Visiting my friend in Daytona Beach at Embry riddle flight school. He's said theres a couple MP3's and alot of MSP's....Car meet? (shrug)

Wait....let me get this straight. You're driving around Michigan, in the winter, on Yokohama summer tires and you're calling the salt truck driver an ass???

Are these, like, ES100's? Those things can't get through snow, since they're specifically summer tires... That's why I owned winter tires, as well as the ES100's when I had them. I got caught in a late snow storm ONCE in the ES100's, and let me tell you, drifting ALL the way home in a FWD car, on a 77 mile drive is not for anyone who's weak of heart. It took me HOURS.

They are the Yokohama Parada's. they just get packed with snow and get slick

Bummer man. Sorry to hear.

Were you braking when you pulled the e-brake?

It usually takes me the first one or two e-brake drifts of the season to remember that you just slide if you're on the foot brake.

I did it earlier this year an ended up a foot in someones yard, but no damage!

eting_pro5 said:
Bummer man. Sorry to hear.

Were you braking when you pulled the e-brake?

It usually takes me the first one or two e-brake drifts of the season to remember that you just slide if you're on the foot brake.

I did it earlier this year an ended up a foot in someones yard, but no damage!

OOOH i had the foot brake to thre floor and e-brake cranked. Nothing to do, I hate the feeling of being completely helpless

I don't feel one bit sorry for you. You deserved that. Nobody in their right mind should be driving with perfomance tires in the snow. In all cold climates, the use of winter tires should be law, like it is Quebec and Norway.

I have good winter tires, and I LOVE driving in the snow. It's a great time to learn car control.

Gen1GT said:
I don't feel one bit sorry for you. You deserved that. Nobody in their right mind should be driving with perfomance tires in the snow. In all cold climates, the use of winter tires should be law, like it is Quebec and Norway.

I have good winter tires, and I LOVE driving in the snow. It's a great time to learn car control.

Thanks for being an ass...If i had any choice i would not have been driving in the snow with my tires but my dad likes to procrastinate everything and I HAVE to drive my car.

Back