Saw a new ZO6 today

mountjonas

:
2013 VRM MS3
It was that burnt orange color. Very nice. I didn't even know they were out already. I like that it looks almost like a regular corvette, until it passed me and I caught a glimpse of the Z06 badge on the side. Of course, it was driven by a middle aged balding man on his cell phone. That is all. sorry no pics.

mountjonas said:
It was that burnt orange color. Very nice. I didn't even know they were out already. I like that it looks almost like a regular corvette, until it passed me and I caught a glimpse of the Z06 badge on the side. Of course, it was driven by a middle aged balding man on his cell phone. That is all. sorry no pics.

Giddy Up! They're out! Billy Idol has a yellow one. (thumb)
That 'burnt orange' color is sweet! It's called 'Daytona Sunset Orange Metallic'.

Last edited:
z06 is a high-hp version... 500 hp or something ridiculous like that

Right!

C6 (Chassis design 6). In other words, since 1953, there have only been 6 chassis's for the Vettes. Believe it or not. 2005 introduced the new C6 chassis.

The Z06 is 505 horsepower. The standard Vette is 400 horsepower. (cheers) (cheers) (cheers)

And, yes; I traded the 'Speed for my new Nissan V6 265hp MONSTER!!!!! (thumb)

peepsalot said:
And the 6 has nothing to do with the model year? (confused)
The 6 denotes the generaton. C1 through C6, last body style was the C5, etc, etc.
Like FD3S, FC3S, etc, etc...

BradC said:
The 6 denotes the generaton. C1 through C6, last body style was the C5, etc, etc.
Like FD3S, FC3S, etc, etc...

Actually; "C" denotes the chassis generation. That can be easily confused, or misconstrued. (boom07)

(cheers) (cheers) (cheers) (cheers) (cheers)

Also; the Z06 (505hp) is only available with a 6 speed manual, and is a Coupe 'only'. No roadster option is offered.

my middle aged balding uncle has a burnt orange one... he sent my dad a brag e-mail with pictures... evil i tell ya

mountjonas said:
does he live in Cali, by chance?

the first thing i thought when i read it was !ha! he saw uncle robert! then i realized you were in Cali. my uncle is in either Kansas city MO, Long Beach Island NJ or Miami FL... who knows these days... he could have another place in Cali, i just didnt see the e-mail.

I saw 2 at the Cumberland autox at Halloween. The one had been trailered from Detroit and only had about 8 miles on it before they decided to test the course using it; it had over 41 miles on it before the weekend was over. The other was a Corvette marketing exec's company car and she wasn't allowed to autox it, so she drove another Corvette instead. I think the one was dark grey and the other black.

Katya4me said:
I saw 2 at the Cumberland autox at Halloween. The one had been trailered from Detroit and only had about 8 miles on it before they decided to test the course using it; it had over 41 miles on it before the weekend was over. The other was a Corvette marketing exec's company car and she wasn't allowed to autox it, so she drove another Corvette instead. I think the one was dark grey and the other black.

i saw one at e-town about 3 weeks ago...it had like 500 miles on it and temp plates.

The guy couldn't drive it, he ran like a 12.7.

overall its a really nice car.....the wheels are huge.

Back