what does your engine temp gauge read

dulog

:
3 hatch
What does your engine temp gauge read once the car is warmed up? Mine sits right halfway in the middle. Is that normal?

yup.... gotta love this car in the winter, warms up faster then any car i have been in, or any of my friends drive... its sweet, the ac may be lackin but it puts out the heat for sure!!

oh yeah man. thats one thing that works right in this car. heat kicks in right away even when its f-ing cold outside. I could still use heated seats though

the 06 models get heated seats, climate control and heated side mirrors i believe... bastards!!!

climate control would be cool, but i can live without heated side mirrors and seats. heated seats make me feel like my intestines are cooking

Heated mirrors would rock.

I monitor my water temp with my Scangauge and it's usually around 90C once the car is fully warmed up.
The weird thing is that I've seen the temp swing anywhere from 83 to 104 and the dash gauge never moves. (uhm)

On mine is an hair lower than halfway. And yes, the engine warms up almost instantly. I'm already appreciating it here in Eastern Mass..... The V6 on my old '97 Dodge Stratus ES would take forever in winter.

By the way, I just got a '06 S Touring 5-door manual. Heated seats and automatic climate control are standard only on the Grand Touring. Not even the Grand Touring has heated door mirror, though. Too bad, even the Stratus had those.

On the other hand, you get a ton of other stuff on the Grand Touring vs. the Touring for just $1,500 more (sticker).

i thought i remember some one saying they had heated mirrors... eh, maybe it was the guy from iceland or just wishful thinking, as heated mirrors do rock...

tsunami said:
i thought i remember some one saying they had heated mirrors... eh, maybe it was the guy from iceland or just wishful thinking, as heated mirrors do rock...

I have heated side mirrors on my car - 05 Mazda3 GT.
They come on when I push the rear defrost button....

goldwing2000 said:
Heated mirrors would rock.

I monitor my water temp with my Scangauge and it's usually around 90C once the car is fully warmed up.
The weird thing is that I've seen the temp swing anywhere from 83 to 104 and the dash gauge never moves. (uhm)

That's strange indeed...
Where is this scanguage taking it temp reading from? I'm assuming it has it's own sensor mounted somewhere?

Tsunami

I think you are right, it is the guy from Iceland that wrote he had heated mirrors, I noticed that too.

Maybe you have to live above a certain latitude to get them (rofl2)

Canada, Iceland... do I see a pattern here?

djltoronto said:
That's strange indeed...
Where is this scanguage taking it temp reading from? I'm assuming it has it's own sensor mounted somewhere?

No, the ScanGauge doesn't have any of its own sensors. It just plugs into the OBD II connector and reads off of the computer.
It is possible that the dash gauge and the computer read from two different sensors, though. That's pretty common.

Back