Cargo nets for P5?

kold

:
Protege5
Hey all,

I'm tired of stuff sliding around in the trunk and hitting the sides. What cargo nets are available for our car, and what do you guys use that provides the best fitments?

Thanks.

www.mazdastuff.com has the mazda cargo net. just look under the protege 5 link.

kold said:
Hey all,

I'm tired of stuff sliding around in the trunk and hitting the sides. What cargo nets are available for our car, and what do you guys use that provides the best fitments?

Thanks.

while mazda net is the best imo, sometimes you can find cheapo nets in your local dollar store.they come with hooks and can work decently. you should also get the cargo tray from mazda

ive been too lazy to check out my local auto store :p

But i will do that and see what i come up with. if i find something better i'll post. The part costs $26.99 (Cdn) at the dealer.

YellowMP5 said:
while mazda net is the best imo, sometimes you can find cheapo nets in your local dollar store.they come with hooks and can work decently. you should also get the cargo tray from mazda

If you are talking about what I think you are talking about, Mazda wants about $300 for it. First thing I looked for after I noticed I never got one when I bought my car used. :(

hookdupdelsol said:
If you are talking about what I think you are talking about, Mazda wants about $300 for it. First thing I looked for after I noticed I never got one when I bought my car used. :(

hmmm.....I paid the net $26 at the dealer and the tray was $75 I think. They are majorly ripping you off if that's the case.

ottawaP5 said:
hmmm.....I paid the net $26 at the dealer and the tray was $75 I think. They are majorly ripping you off if that's the case.

Damn, I am guessing we are talking about different things than.

I am talking about the thing that you pull over the cargo area to cover everything up. If that is what you are talking about, than they mis-understood me.

Oh, and thats not ripping me off, thats raping me without lube. (ughdance)

hookdupdelsol said:
Damn, I am guessing we are talking about different things than.

I am talking about the thing that you pull over the cargo area to cover everything up. If that is what you are talking about, than they mis-understood me.

Oh, and thats not ripping me off, thats raping me without lube. (ughdance)

The fiberglass piece that slides in place? I think that's called a "cargo cover" or "rear deck lid". Very expensive.

Lord_Zath said:
The fiberglass piece that slides in place? I think that's called a "cargo cover" or "rear deck lid". Very expensive.

I didn't think it was Fiberglass, but yes the thing that slides into place and covers the Cargo area.

I am guessing that when he says tray, he just means like a rubber mat for back there? Just guessing.

Lord_Zath said:

I didn't even know we could get that....how would it be used since you already have a panel that closes on top of the cargo area?

hookdupdelsol said:
I didn't think it was Fiberglass, but yes the thing that slides into place and covers the Cargo area.

I am guessing that when he says tray, he just means like a rubber mat for back there? Just guessing.

yeah...i thought you meant the plastic mat that you could buy (they call it a cargo tray)

ottawaP5 said:
I didn't even know we could get that....how would it be used since you already have a panel that closes on top of the cargo area?

That IS the panel that closes on top of the cargo area :)

Lord_Zath said:
That IS the panel that closes on top of the cargo area :)

Yea, I just don't have that panel. I never got it with the car so I am guessing the owner before never gave it to the dealership! (shrug)

ottawaP5 said:
ok, I got it now! :) You may want to visit a junkyard and find a wrecked P5 if you want it for cheap.

Ha Ha, I think I would be better off winning the lottery, aye? LoL

I will search around. I didn't get any subs or anything yet that I HAVE to cover up in the cargo area, I just want to get everything possible that would have come with it stock!

cargo nets are cheap. I got the mazda one. Go to walmart, I'm sure they have a cheapo that'll work.

The trunk organizer tray sits on the carpet floor and keeps stuff more securely due to the rubber keeping stuff fromsliding on the carpet.

The rear cargo area cover is the hinged fiberglass piece that sits at the top of the rear seats to keep your rear area from view. That's expensive. I would have argued tooth and nail to get that before buying the car. Oh well, look and see if they have them at junkyards or mazmart.com (mazda parts recycler).

Back