Roof Rack Question

i think you should already have the 2 bars that run down the top of both sides but only wiht caps on them.. pop those caps and there you go same roof rack mounts.. now as for those caps.. if there are any .. be willing to sell i have a roof rack and i want caps maybe trade?

this replaces the black strips that are on the car now. To remove/install this you'll have to remove the head liner.

http://www.geocities.com/shareafile/index.html

**edit: Hyperboarder is right, i looked at the picture wrong. I thought it was the whole roof rack set, not just the cross bars.

Last edited:
Rogue Pro5 said:
this replaces the black strips that are on the car now. To remove/install this you'll have to remove the head liner.

http://www.geocities.com/shareafile/index.html

No, that's only the crossbars. I did this last weekend, and that's the exact set of parts I have sitting in my closet right now. You need to have the black rails on the car, the ones that run front to back on both sides. Like ricesp5 said, if you have those, they have filler caps in them that fill in where the rack mounts. The rails are about an inch and a half wide, and noticeable, you'll know if you have em. If you do, bid away, but be careful, he may not be including the part that the rear crossbar attaches to (it's a little metal rectangle so it can slide). Email him first, make sure he's including them (I took mine out when I pulled the rack, but you can probably leave them in), unless of course you already have them.

before you bid you might want to see if you can find someone to trade with, plenty of people here have the rack and want the fillers. you can trade as opposed to putting down cash on ebay.

zoom-pixy-zoom said:
before you bid you might want to see if you can find someone to trade with, plenty of people here have the rack and want the fillers. you can trade as opposed to putting down cash on ebay.

Definitely agree, help a mazda brother out.

Thanks guys for all your inputs on this. I don't have the side rails that are about an inch and half wide. I have just the flat long black plastic piece that is flushed with roof's surface, but they do have the filler caps on them. Is that what some of you guys are looking for?

Attachments

• Protege 5 Roof 001.JPG
    Protege 5 Roof 001.JPG
    353.9 KB · Views: 216
Last edited:
yes i would much rather have the weather strips compared to the roof rack.. i would be up for trading or swapping or waht not, lets deal here buddy!

RicesP5 said:
yes i would much rather have the weather strips compared to the roof rack.. i would be up for trading or swapping or waht not, lets deal here buddy!

You mean you want my car's whole weather strip or only the caps? I thought these Protege 5 have the weather strips underneath the roof rack. (huh)

Last edited:
to my knowledge they would be drilled thro to keep the roof rack attached i could be wrong. so there for if i took the roof rack off my car would be holy.. and i dont think i would like that... and its to my understanding you dont have the caps correct?

my bad i didnt look at the enlarged pictures i see what caps your talking about now and i would trade you straight up you pay shipping and send those lil cap things you can have the roof rack plus the hardware!

Last edited:
If you have the rack, you do not have the rainrail.
If you have the rain rail, you do not have the rack.
Both cars are made the same (of course) so transplants can be done.

IF you have the top rack rails, just pop the 4 cover plates and attach cross bars if you have them. You may not have the crossbars though due to idiot previous owners.

IF you have the full roof rack and want to take the crossbars off you'll need the filler strips. You may not have the filler strips due to idiot previous owners.

My suggestion is to find forum members to trade with as Mazda will charge a fortune for any of these parts.

I know the cars are the same but i dont know if i have those filler strips under my rack tho.. i dislike my rack. Im 19.. i dont need a roof rack i dont put luggage or bikes or snowboards up there.. so there for its pointless and something that i just hafta wax around

roof rack swap

i've got a p5 without the rack, just the strips and caps. i would like to get the factory rack up there. anyone down to trade, let me know.

Back