Mazda3 Problems - List yours here-

Je5ter

:
2007 Speed3 CWP FTW
nyone else have these same probems and if so did the dealer fix them? I'm just to lazy to take it in, I have NO time.

#1- Squeaky clutch, drives me nuts!
#2- Very annoying rattle in the headliner above my left shoulder
#3- The silver rings around the front door speakers rattle at certian frequencies
#4- Brakes squeak when cold (I know this is a problem and I know there is a fix)
#5- Engine seems a little to whiny to me???
#6- Fuel consumption: I barely get 400 K's to a tank ( I was expecting at least 500)

Maybe I'm just to picky, who knows?? I guess its rom being a Service Advisor for Mercedes for too long (deadhorse

1: dont have
2: yes I have it, its annoying as poop
3: dont have
4: Yes, please tell me what the fix is (PM Me)
5&6: dont have.

those "silver" rings around the speakers don't rattle trust me, they are pieces of your door panel, i don't think you can even take them off, they are molded in... its prob something inside your doors thats rattling, some people have notices a rattle in the headliner but thats near the moonroof opening is this the same place? never heard of a squeaky clutch before... the fuel comsumption gets better, my best tank was over 400mi (all h way) seriously though you wouldn't believe the fuel economy if you shift below 4g...hhehehe... (drive2)

On my 2006 M3 S Hatch Manual, just an intermittent rattle coming from somewhere in the front passenger area. It's either the dashboard or the door panel.

Most of the time the car is rattle-free, but when it does rattle, IT TOTALLY DRIVES ME NUTS (bang)

Luckily none of the problem Je5ter posted (car not even 3 weeks old, about 850 miles on it)

my only problem is the crappy manual trans and a rattle that comes from my sunroof switch. although if i don't have the sub on the rattle doesn't exsist.

1. Blew the motor 1000 miles outta warrenty (dont know if it was my fault or a manufacturer defect, probably both)

2. DAMN RATTLES, they drive me nuts.

Other then that i love my 3. now that ive fixed all the problems with it, i had to replace the brakes after about 20k miles and they work like a charm now.

the rattle by the sunroof is a bolt that has come loose just take the molding off from around where the headliner cuts out for the sunroof and pull down a little bit then reach your hand in there and grab it. It was driving me crazy too so when i refabricked my headliner i found it and ever since no rattle.

right, those silver rings around the speaker are molded into the door panel, infact the whole grille is too, they aren't removable.

I read of one person that found the little white/black plastic/rubber flap vents at the very bottom of the doors were to blame.

My only gripe is that sometimes my windows make a horrible crack/pop sound when you first hit the switch (up or down) or when they close up fully...probably needs to be tightened to the rails.

I don't understand the tranny complaints, the G35M is pretty damn smooth to me. Having come from a G25M trans, it feels the same, just a little notchy since it's cables.

I have no rattles, just the bolts that are missing their screws (in my head...lol)

Problems hmmm:

burnt clutch at 13k
bad 2nd 3rd neutral in trans at 13K
i do get the rattleing of speakers, i notice it only from passangers side though
a sqeaking of rear springs when i go over speed bumps.

replaced clutch w/ mazdaspeed sports clutch then a clutch from shaneracing.com. replaced trans with rebuild from dealership then replaced again with another tougher trans from a friends trans shop. 2nd replaces in prep for turbo. the springs will be replaced soon so no big deal.

I don't understand the tranny complaints, the G35M is pretty damn smooth to me. Having come from a G25M trans, it feels the same, just a little notchy since it's cables.

Yes, it's very smooth. Unfortunately, you WILL run into problems with it. Unless you are very lucky. It falls apart on everyone eventually.

My only complaint is my car is sitting outside lookin real sexy, wanting more mods. Shes a high maintenence b**** always wanting new goodies (flash)

Headlight problems

Anyone having problems with headlights? I have replaced my low beams 6 times in my 05 Mazda 3. This is only on the low beams, the glass is not burnt but the filament breaks. It's not put in loose. First goes the left, then about a month later the right goes. Any suggestions?

Latest posts

Back