X-Box 360 Scam (There's a sucker born every minute)

vodapas77

:
Nada Mazda :( 2001 Chevy Silverado
Hope this isn't already well covered territory, but I just have to say it. People are stupid!!! Especially when you add ebay to the mix. My buddy who camped out last night to get an X-box called me at work to tell me he got one but that he might sell it since the last one he saw on ebay sold for $1600.

So, when I came home for lunch I decided to check it out. In the first two minutes I watched a unit sell for $1850. That's bad enough, but the ****** up thing is that the price was driven up by multiple bidders who had no or negative only feedback.

How stupid do you have to be to continue increasing your bid when the person who keeps out-bidding you just joined the day after the release of the item you are about to mortgage your house to try to get?

It's obvious that people who are selling the consoles have created "fake" user id's to go out and bid on every X-box 360 so as to inflate the market. Idiots!

Anyhow, just my little rant. I hope no one on here is either the idiot willing to pay that much or the asshole who would screw over a lot of honest people just to raise the value of the item they are selling.

Peas

hell no! i was bitching about the 400 i was going to have to dish out for the "not core" version....which i decided to wait until ps3 to compare the two.... (thumb)

Well youve got idiots payin msrp for the stupid ass xbox. Thatll never happen over here. I hope it fails miserably.

MP5_509 said:
Well youve got idiots payin msrp for the stupid ass xbox. Thatll never happen over here. I hope it fails miserably.

i don't hope it fails, i just want to laugh at the guys who pay a thousand for something that is probably worth a couple of hundred (hah)

It's only a gaming unit, sheesh. Just wait!

Interesting topic Lang.

In all honesty with only 300k units and people willing to pay the coin i dont see how this is a scam. People have been planning all week to pawn these on ebay. Buy two and sell one at 1500ish and you xbox is pretty much free. I can see wealthy people with kids that want xbox360 and they do what it take to get one. I think you will charity type things where radio stations auction them off at christmas time.

I dont know if you guys remeber the tickle me elmo craze but if think what was bad for a 60 dollar doll this is off much for 3-400 dollar machine.

forget the shadow bidding, how stupid you have to be to pay that much for a game system. It isn't going to increase in value to much above that, and isn't worth it.

It is out there to buy, will be more later and so on.

People are idiots.

Actually the dumbest was with the PS2 where people were selling just the boxes and people were buying it!!!! It stated so in the bid that it was just a box, but most people don't pay attention to that.

HA!!!
beat-dead-horse.gif

i'm going to get one after christmas when the rush is over but i agree with everyone here. i think it's stupid to pay 1500+ for something that next xmas will be $199

yeah, I saw everyone in line last night at Best Buy, I knew I should have bought one and made money off of it. I honestly do not see a difference between XBOX, PS2, GAMECUBE, or XBOX360, it's not like comparing Nintendo and Nintendo 64.

i know what you mean im not entirely impressed with xbox 360..... i just want it bad....

MP5_509 said:
Anyone else still love playing the Super Nintendo?

i have super mario world for my gameboy advance...it's the only thing i play on long trips/flights

Back