can a mazdaspeed protege exhaust fit a protege5?

zoom-zoom

:
2003 protege5
can a mazdaspeed protege exaust fit a protege5????
because one of my buddies has a mazdaspeed protege and he has hes mazdaspeed exaust just lying around so i told him to sale it to me. but i want to know first if it will fit my protege5? and if it will sound good because i dont want it to be to loud or that ricer sound and will it sound good when i put my obx hearders in my protege5? and how much do you guy's think i should buy the mazdaspeed exaust for??? and if the mazdaspeed protege exaust will fit my protege5 does any one have any pictures of it? and will i gain any hp or not??

thanks!!!! to any one that can help me
because i am kind of new so i dont
know a lot.(blackp5)

Last edited:
All you need to do is saw a bit off the end and then re-weld it. Any exhaust shop should be able to do it for a little bit of scratch.

here's a pic of mine. It's the round tip from the 03 MSP!! I love it. not too loud, and looks perfect.

Attachments

• msp01.JPG
    msp01.JPG
    286.9 KB · Views: 747
  • IMG_0452.JPG
    IMG_0452.JPG
    26.7 KB · Views: 729
The sedan exahust is longer than the hatch, but as has been said all you have to do is cut some of the pipe out before or after the rear muffler and have it welded back together and you are done.

When I had a P5 I had a Sedan Racing Beat exahaust modified to fit my P5 and it went in perfectly.

I wish I can have one, but I don't have money for now....:( But I have the MS exhaust tho... Anyone know the cost to custom fit on the 5?

Protege5 2003.5

slkt said:
I wish I can have one, but I don't have money for now....:( But I have the MS exhaust tho... Anyone know the cost to custom fit on the 5?
i Doubt it will cost anymore that 30 or 40 $ to re weld, just make sure its done right!

anyone out there got one for sale? (thumb)

santisurf said:
i Doubt it will cost anymore that 30 or 40 $ to re weld, just make sure its done right!

anyone out there got one for sale? (thumb)

ok, i have just been thru this myself. If you want a proper weld to match the stainless exhaust, the welder has to do a stainless weld with a TIG welder. This can get very expensive unless you know someone who can hook you up. I was given a $100 quote to do this. All i wanted done was to remove/cut a section out between the muffler and muffler tip and re-weld the two back together. It takes all of an hour to do.

If you want a regular weld done with a MIG welder, well, thats waaay cheaper. Got mine done for $30 and the guy that did it is a co-worker.

GreyMan said:
ok, i have just been thru this myself. If you want a proper weld to match the stainless exhaust, the welder has to do a stainless weld with a TIG welder. This can get very expensive unless you know someone who can hook you up. I was given a $100 quote to do this. All i wanted done was to remove/cut a section out between the muffler and muffler tip and re-weld the two back together. It takes all of an hour to do.

If you want a regular weld done with a MIG welder, well, thats waaay cheaper. Got mine done for $30 and the guy that did it is a co-worker.
the thing im wondering is if the P5 exaust "sport" not stock, will sound about the same as the MSP Exaust, anyone have any imput on that?

santisurf said:
the thing im wondering is if the P5 exaust "sport" not stock, will sound about the same as the MSP Exaust, anyone have any imput on that?

Are you talking about the P5 "sport" exhaust available from Racing Beat? I'm confused! If you are, i think it sounds the same and it makes sense since they are both made by Racing Beat.

GreyMan said:

that might be your experience (sorry to hear it was so expensive) but I had mine cut and rewelded for $20 with a stainless weld at Meineke. I made sure to bring cash and let them know that I always lose receipts so they didn't even need to give me one.

it can be done for extreme cheap and really quickly. just call around and it'll get done.

santisurf said:

I have the mazdaspeed sport exhaust for the P5, it's louder than the stock MSP exhaust.

(glare)
PhreakV said:
that might be your experience (sorry to hear it was so expensive) but I had mine cut and rewelded for $20 with a stainless weld at Meineke. I made sure to bring cash and let them know that I always lose receipts so they didn't even need to give me one.

it can be done for extreme cheap and really quickly. just call around and it'll get done.

I C RIP on ur protege is the exaust intact?

slkt said:
I have the mazdaspeed sport exhaust for the P5, it's louder than the stock MSP exhaust.

ok where did u buy it? does it say mazdaspeed? and what did u do to fit it?

santisurf said:
ok where did u buy it? does it say mazdaspeed? and what did u do to fit it?

I bought it used from someone in this forum. Yes, it has the name "mazdaspeed" on it. The sport exhaust comes with sedan and hatchback version, so you don't need any work to fit it in, only two bolts. hehehe... If you wanna get a brand new one, get it in www.mazdastuff.com. only $149, the cheap place to get it:D

slkt said:
I bought it used from someone in this forum. Yes, it has the name "mazdaspeed" on it. The sport exhaust comes with sedan and hatchback version, so you don't need any work to fit it in, only two bolts. hehehe... If you wanna get a brand new one, get it in www.mazdastuff.com. only $149, the cheap place to get it:D
yeah how does it sound can u post a audio of it? man im exited! (blowjob)

PhreakV said:

yeah well, i live in san diego where you get butt raped for everything.

Back