Nice copy of our P5

maxek said:
Has anyone seen KIA spectra5? Today it has been second time that I saw spectra5 on the road and it looks pretty close to P5. Did Mazda sell P5 to KIA? I think I like the back of S5 little more than P5. I just wonder if S5 is faster than P5?

I read in Car and Driver that the spectra 5 0-60 is 8.6 seconds. Thats over a second faster than the stock manual P5. Ouch(shocked) I personally think Mazda comes out way ahead in styling and overall design though.

I have thought about getting a new license plate that reads, : NOT A KIA"

Attachments

• not a kia sig.jpg
    not a kia sig.jpg
    169.8 KB · Views: 148
Some 40yr old man tried to race me in his spectra5 on my way home from school. Axleback with apc stickers on it. I wanted to throw up.

maxek said:
Has anyone seen KIA spectra5? Today it has been second time that I saw spectra5 on the road and it looks pretty close to P5. Did Mazda sell P5 to KIA? I think I like the back of S5 little more than P5. I just wonder if S5 is faster than P5?
i don't care if the kia is faster or nicer or wtv (which its not) kia is a piece of shiiitttt. and i don't think they riped it off from mazda, it is similar, the name just means 5 for 5 doors.

Spec 5 rulezzz!!!! In all seriousness i've driven a stock 5 speed spec5 and they are pretty good at handling and have some good power. The motor it has is a the hyundai Beta II motor which is hyundai's most proven motor and has been around for 10 years. The Beta block is extremely strong and boost happy on stock internals. People, with proper tuning, will have no problem going over 300 whp reliabily on the spec 5 motor. Yeah it's a dead thread, and yeah, spec5 and P5 seems similar, but you guys should go test drive one it's a nice car for a good price. Oh and if ya keep it semi-stock don't forget the 10 years 100,000 mi warranty! (first)

Back