Nice copy of our P5

this is probably one of the funniest thread i 've seen lol!!!

romecandleboy said:
I was pretty pissed when my new neighbor moves in and parks this piece of crap next to my P5...
neighbor.JPG

WetsuitxNinja said:
Its been out for awhile, kia bought the rights to it from mazda, there are other posts about it.

- 1,975 cc 2 liters in-line 4 front engine with 82 mm bore, 93.5 mm stroke, 10.1 compression ratio, double overhead cam, variable valve timing/camshaft and four valves per cylinder
- Power: 103 kW , 138 HP SAE @ 6,000 rpm; 136 ft lb , 184 Nm @ 4,500 rpm

I wonder if the SAE ratings are the new standards or not?

I probably wouldnt race even if his car was stock. =\

Where did you get this info? I'm very curious.

http://www.canadiandriver.com/testdrives/05spectra5.htm

Take a look at that, and you will see that it is built on the same platform as the Elantra, which has recieved a 4 out of 5 star safety rating.

i wanna rip off a front lip from the s5 to see if what it would look like as a p5 lip

slkt said:
I would believe what you said only if you were Chinese. Actually almost all products are made in China, but the things you called "copies" are not Chinese company stuff. The label "Made in China" doesn't tell you the stuff are from a Chinese company, it could be an American company or whatever placed an order with the design + a new brand name in China, and Chinese made those. Those companies did that because it could save tons of money on labor cost, and it could make YOU think those "copies" are from Chinese, so everybody thinks Chinese are bad or whatever, and the companies who actually place the orders will be innocent.
I'm sorry, but what did you just say? Your post made 0 sense.

1. You're saying i'm not credible because I'm not chinese? HA! ok, wonder-aZn way to be ignorant. (yupnope)

2. I'm well aware that nearly everything in the world is made in china. It costs companies much less to use children and prison labor to make stuff when you don't have to pay them anything.

3. I'm talking about chinese companies disregarding patents (international or otherwise) and making blatant knock-offs of absolutely everything. Way to be super innovative! Oh well, I guess they have to play catch up to the rest of the world since their stone aged government stifled the countries growth for so long.

ebmp5 said:
i wanna rip off a front lip from the s5 to see if what it would look like as a p5 lip
(boom07)
Robot Romeo said:
the kia's spoiler is uuuuuuuuuugly. no where near as sexy as ours. (first)
u call that a spoiler?

and this whole time i thought the guy who designed the p5 left mazda to work for kia and designed the spectra5 for em (boom07)

The first time I saw the zoom-zoom commerical for the protege5 I was hooked on the car and thought to myself man I would love to own that car. I saw the spectra5 commercial and thought it looks like the P5. I wouldn't mine owning one but I'd take the P5 over it anyday. Plus there's this guy in my neighborhood acting like he's all bad in his black spectra5. Whatever.

WetsuitxNinja said:
OMG OMG Audi Ripped off our beloved p5s too!#@#!@!@$ #!@##@$

And to people knocking its quality (the kia), Im not too happy with the quality of my car at this time either. (poke)

As much as I love my P5, I would take the Audi A3 over it in a heartbeat. It supposedly handles as well with 200/245hp engines respectively.

romecandleboy said:
As much as I love my P5, I would take the Audi A3 over it in a heartbeat. It supposedly handles as well with 200/245hp engines respectively.

FOR DAMN SURE. The p5 is Oprah and the Audi is Jenna Jameson (before being railed for however many years now), which would you pick. (boobs)

I love my car as much as I hate it. We have a special love\hate relationship.

The Rio5 SX is much better than the lame Spectra5. I like it almost as much as my P5... it's a very modern looking (re: Euro) 5 door. Pics from the Seattle auto show:

59620585_29c79c792b.jpg

59620617_c58a706441.jpg

P5 came out in 1999 so Lexus copied it. Both Kias suck ass-body too tall & narrow-buttugly. Sure I'll take an Audi A3 anytime since it costs probably 3 times as much. Gimme. I'll go sell it & get an MSP & MS6 to go with my P5.

seatown.P5 said:
The Rio5 SX is much better than the lame Spectra5. I like it almost as much as my P5... it's a very modern looking (re: Euro) 5 door. Pics from the Seattle auto show:

59620585_29c79c792b.jpg

59620617_c58a706441.jpg

hate it...thats worse than the spectra5!

Johnnybass said:
hate it...thats worse than the spectra5!
Aw c'mon dudes. It's got some redeeming qualities, like the...black plastic trim, which just happens to match the black tires really well. (thumb)

Back