15" Snow Tires & Wheels? Can It Be Done

PGFracing

Near Omaha, NE
I see that tirerack.com says you can't downsize to 15" on the Mazda Speed 2003. I was wondering if this is true and can you get 16" steel wheels. I have an extra set of 15" wheels lying around is why I was wondering.

Here you go. 15" wheels on 195/65/15 with a 1.5" drop. They are Semperit Sport Grips.
I just put them on today.

snowtires1.jpg

snowtires2.jpg

chuyler1 said:
Here you go. 15" wheels on 195/65/15 with a 1.5" drop. They are Semperit Sport Grips.
I just put them on today.

snowtires1.jpg

snowtires2.jpg
Where did you get the steelies?

Thanks

I paid $250 for the whole package from a forum member who traded in his MazdaSpeed. I'm not sure where he got them from. Usually www.tirerack.com has snow tire and steelie packages but they run out of wheels early in the season.

15" steel rims for MSP 03

So which rims should I order on Tirerack to get what I need? i.e. which car should I say I have to be able to select 15" 114.35x5 with adequate offset?

JP
Slippin' and slidin' for his dear life on worn R040s...

Granger968 said:
So which rims should I order on Tirerack to get what I need? i.e. which car should I say I have to be able to select 15" 114.35x5 with adequate offset?

JP
Slippin' and slidin' for his dear life on worn R040s...
God man, get those Potenza's off! TireRack That is where I got mine, shipped to my door mounted, balanced, aired up, etc, etc. Fast too!

^Ah, yeah, he's saying TireRack's piece of s*** website doesn't SHOW you which rims and tires that are smaller will fit. Do yourself a favor and go to www.discounttiredirect.com and get 'em from there instead. At least on THEIR website they'll let you downsize and show you what smaller rims and tires will actually fit.

girth said:
^Ah, yeah, he's saying TireRack's piece of s*** website doesn't SHOW you which rims and tires that are smaller will fit. Do yourself a favor and go to www.discounttiredirect.com and get 'em from there instead. At least on THEIR website they'll let you downsize and show you what smaller rims and tires will actually fit.
Well, when I posted that link it took him to the right page, I guess it has to be in your cache. Do a search for the same year Protege5 and it will let you downsize to a 15" package. TireRack can't be beat...IMHO

I got my 15's right from mazda on advice from tiwing. Glad i talked to him. The price actually was competitive with cheap places so I'm happy with my purchase.

Had some fun in the snow today. There was about 4-6" on the ground on my way to work. I was stuck behind some slow trucks for a while but when they turned off, myself and an Audi TT in front of me took the rest of the road at full throttle. He had a jump on me obviously but I kept up once we were rolling. Fun stuff.

Back