In Memory of Member 1338
In Memory of Member 1338
Page 3771 of 3773 FirstFirst ... 2771327136713721376137693770377137723773 LastLast
Results 56,551 to 56,565 of 56594

Thread: What have you done to your P5 today?

Quote Originally Posted by STudMUffin1177 View Post
    Just did ran some errands and realized ole yeller is almost at the 200k mark, woohoo it still runs
    Ha, I call mine the same thing, although it's getting to be more and more brown than yellow. If I can make it 200k without having to scrap or Flinstone the car I'll be a happy camper. Only 40,000 miles to go!
    FD3S
    FC3S

2003 Protege5, 1992 Miata

Quote Originally Posted by the_glassman View Post
    Ha, I call mine the same thing, although it's getting to be more and more brown than yellow. If I can make it 200k without having to scrap or Flinstone the car I'll be a happy camper. Only 40,000 miles to go!
    You can make it! Im at 243k right now and really hoping for 250k, but it really only gets local driving

Laser Blue '03 P5

Quote Originally Posted by Breeegz View Post
    where did you get the controller and heater? That looks like a cool project.
    Sorry, somehow I missed seeing this earlier. I bought this kit: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 No hog rings on the P5 seats, woohoo!! And 2 months in, I absolutely love it. Still need to do the passenger seat, but that's simply a matter of pulling it out of car now that the wiring is in place.
    DD: 2003 Mazda Protege5

Autox: CSP in 2016: Oh, this is fun; ES in 2012: Welcome back, it's been a long time; GS in 2011: Spicy FTW, until it goes boom; BS in 2010: RX-8 was fun; HS in 2008: been there, done that; STS: Whee!!!!; ES in 2006: The first of our 6 Miatas[SIZE=2]
    Rallyx: PR in 2016: Dirty, dirty fun in a Miata, NA or NB; PR in 2015: Tired RX-7 is tired, let's switch to an NA Miata instead; MR in 2014: Slideways is the best way in the dirt.

2002 Protegé5 manual

Was running touge earlier today with some local car people, and the two quickest cars in the corners were an NA Miata and my P5, which the Miata couldn*t really pull away from even in the hairpins. Given that I have no additional chassis bracing, old suspension bushings, and old swaybar endlinks, I*m really impressed that I could grip almost as well as the NA in front of the pack.

Comp Engineering Student Riot_Polizei's Avatar

2002 Mazda Protege5

Quote Originally Posted by Anzi View Post
    Was running touge earlier today with some local car people, and the two quickest cars in the corners were an NA Miata and my P5, which the Miata couldn*t really pull away from even in the hairpins. Given that I have no additional chassis bracing, old suspension bushings, and old swaybar endlinks, I*m really impressed that I could grip almost as well as the NA in front of the pack.
    Sanctioned, or street race? That must've been loads of fun!

Did the car ever lose grip or plow?
    2002 Mazda Protege5
    ■ Sunburst Yellow ■ Black Rear Valence ■ Injen Cold Air Intake ■ Racing Beat Catback Exhaust ■ Moog Front Endlinks
    ■ Megan Racing Rear Strut Tower Bar ■ Racing Beat Rear Sway Bar ■ Mazda6 Front Big Brakes ■ Foglight Deletes
    ■ OBX 4-1 Headers ■ MP3 ECU ■ VTCS-less Intake Manifold ■ Mishimoto Aluminum Racing Radiator + Fan Shroud
    ■ AWR Trailing Arms

2002 Protegé5 manual

Quote Originally Posted by Riot_Polizei View Post
    Sanctioned, or street race? That must've been loads of fun!

Did the car ever lose grip or plow?
    Little bit of plow but I had it mostly under control.

Comp Engineering Student Riot_Polizei's Avatar

2002 Mazda Protege5

If you intend on going back out there, but don't think you'll upgrade any suspension bits before then, try setting your tire pressure as follows (if you're on stockers + stock tire size)

Rear: 28
    Front: 26

That should help with the understeer a bit. I run those pressures on the stockers with decent improvement in grip.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

2002 Protegé5 manual

Quote Originally Posted by Riot_Polizei View Post
    If you intend on going back out there, but don't think you'll upgrade any suspension bits before then, try setting your tire pressure as follows (if you're on stockers + stock tire size)

Rear: 28
    Front: 26

That should help with the understeer a bit. I run those pressures on the stockers with decent improvement in grip.
    Last time I was on that road my pressures were near that point, but it gripped way better today after putting it at 32psi all around

Registered Member

02 Protege LX, 03 P5 (x2), 09 Miata, 07 Mazda3, 13 Fit, 09 Ody

On the LX....

307k miles
    Oil change 5w40
    New front motor mount
    new right rear brake light bulb

oil consumption was 3 qts over 4500 miles since the last oil change

Just keeping it alive as long as I can.
    13 Fit | 09 Ody | 09 Miata | 07 Mazda 3 | 03 Protege5 | 02 Protege

Looking for John Connor Breeegz's Avatar
    Donated: $10

2003 Protege 5 -- 2016 Ford Expedition

whelp, I'm jumping in with both feet. Timing belt is damaged, so I'm going to try to replace it. I think the tensioner died and broke the timing cover, which took out the belts on the way home yesterday. I pulled the valve cover and it's definitely time. (Unintended)

Water Pump, engine mounts as well
    Last edited by Breeegz; 03-09-2019 at 03:52 PM.
    Now you see me, now you don't. I'm a Ninja.
    My Cardomain page My Alaska Picture Thread My Zombie Protege5 Project

Looking for John Connor Breeegz's Avatar
    Donated: $10

2003 Protege 5 -- 2016 Ford Expedition

Does anyone her have experience with AWR Motor Mounts that they'd care to share?
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Donated: $8.08

'02 P5

Quote Originally Posted by Breeegz View Post
    Does anyone her have experience with AWR Motor Mounts that they'd care to share?
    I have the AWR passenger/trans mounts with a Hydra front mount.
    What did you wanna know?

I run 70 durometer (softest ones), a bit more cabin vibration/chasing down some rattles but entirely worth it for how wholesome the car feels now.
    More torque and just feels like a much more solid car as a whole.
    Especially when coupled with a mp3 ECU.
    Vibrations settle a bit too after a few weeks or so.
    I didn't do the rear yet bc I know it's such a pain to get to.

Wish I did them sooner, if you're worried about the vibrations (actually not as bad as it seemed while researching it online before install), you can always do the AWR inserts.
    Last edited by grffn; 03-12-2019 at 08:24 PM.

Registered Member

'02 Mazda Protege5

Spring detailing.

I had the hardest duro front AWR mount, with passenger side inserts, and tranny mount, but not the rear mount. I started with the front mount only, a freebee from Tony at AWR when I visited him years ago. Vibes were not bad, but noticeable. Then, I added the passenger side inserts. Just a bit more vibes but still not bad at all. But when I added the tranny mount, it vibrated a lot more than I expected. Annoying to some, not so much to others. I ended up selling it to a friend.
    Now I changed out the front mount bushings to, whatever the softest duro AWR has, (not sure) and the left the passenger side inserts in place. The car doesn't vibrate much more than stock but is noticeable. My buddy Ebad's (RIP) MSP was super uncomfortable as he had all four AWR mounts in the hardest duro. Couldnt keep change in the ashtray because it would vibrate so much haha! So I found just the front mount and side inserts were all I needed. Easy install too.

Driving impressions: Car does handle better since the engine isnt moving back and forth when accelerating/decelerating, which throws off the balance more than you think. No more wheel hop at all. Less squat under hard acceleration. Puts the power down to the ground much better since the engine isnt jumping around as much. Thats why grffn, myself and others feel more torque and just a more solid felling overall. Definitely recommend the front mount and side inserts.
    02 Protege 5
    Suspension:
    BC Coilovers; AWR endlinks; GT Spec front 4 point ladder bar; GT Spec rear V-Brace; GT Spec reinforcement panel; GT Spec rear strut bar; AWR trailing arms; Modded factory rear sway bar.

Performance:
    MP3 ECU (not flashed); Unorthodox Underdrive Pulley; JDM MS flywheel (16lbs); Stock Air Box Mod with K&N drop in panel filter; 1sty Grounding Kit; TB Coolant Bypass Mod; 03 MSP Rear Axleback; Resonator Delete.

Interior:
    Kartboy Short Shifter with Kartboy Bushings; DGM CF Gauge Bezel; DGM CF passenger side dash cover; Wink 5 Panel Mirror; CF Shiftknob; 4 inch shifter extension; Red Accent Lights; Super Bright LED's in the Gauge Cluster.

https://www.youtube.com/user/ogsk8ermocc/videos

Registered Member

lolmsp

in my p5 i currently have a solid trans mount (how it came) and windo weld filled front and passenger side mount. rear is stock. feels pretty good and solid. the windo weld mount doesn't transfer a ton of vibrations into the cabin. my msp though has all four 70 duro solids. it isn't terrible on short trips but it's starting to get to me. going to swap out the rear mount for a filled mount and see how that helps the interior vibrations.
    03 MSP, 03 P5

Page 3771 of 3773 FirstFirst ... 2771327136713721376137693770377137723773 LastLast