What have you done to your P5 today?

ronin12 said:
I was thinking about buying a used(6 month)obx header and the person wants to sell the exhaust(megan cat back)with it. 300.00 shipped i believe, I like the price, but I don't know about the megan's fit or sound. Heard good things about the magnaflow.
I have this combo - OBX header and Magnaflow cat-back WITH the second cat and resonator - and love it. It's not quiet, but it's not hugely loud either, and most importantly (to me) it doesn't sound like an overgrown mosquito or stupid honda fart-can. (thumb) Fit is good, but because I've lost one mounting point (due to the header), I'm thinking of getting the kartboy exhaust hangars because it does vibrate and rattle a just a little.

Anywho, does stuff sitting in the corner count? Winter is here with a vengeance, and with no garage stuff has to wait for spring. :(
- mazdaspeedster top and bottom grills
- Street Rings
- MSP RH's with Falken 512's
- silver paint (for calipers)
- on the way: dgm lip, luminics bulbs, Ion springs, Tokico illuminas, Racing Beat rear sway bar, Kartboy exhaust hangars, 5th Gear swap (possibly) and passenger motor mount from NSN, and some audio stuff (undecided at this time)

I think that's it for now, still 4 months to go until spring... (wiggle) (cabpatch)

aMaff said:
huh. How'd u do that?
Swap in the MPV wiper stalk - takes like 15 minutes. Truthfully, the hardest part of this mod is prying open the steering column. After that it's literally unplug the stock one and plug the MPV one in and snap the steering column back together.

MyZmZm said:
Swap in the MPV wiper stalk - takes like 15 minutes. Truthfully, the hardest part of this mod is prying open the steering column. After that it's literally unplug the stock one and plug the MPV one in and snap the steering column back together.
I should do this one of these days. Did you get the stalk from Ken or out of a junkyard?

Junkyard - was half the price of the stealer. Though I didn't know about this site (or Ken) at the time. If I had, probably would have got it from Ken. :) Just keep in mind, it has to be from a 2001-2003 MPV, though a Tribute might work too...

Siped my Proxes 4's yesterday.

I searched and searched the internet and no one has done it yet they all have opinions.

f**k the talkers, I actually did it.

Will get back to you all later and let you know how it turns out.

Mazda P5 driver said:
Siped my Proxes 4's yesterday.

I searched and searched the internet and no one has done it yet they all have opinions.

f**k the talkers, I actually did it.

Will get back to you all later and let you know how it turns out.
What the hell does this mean?
It seems this board become innundated with people who can't express themselves using standard American English. I need a ******* interpreter for half of the posts on here.

Pretzellogic said:
It seems this board become innundated with people who can't express themselves using standard American English. I need a ******* interpreter for half of the posts on here.
Amen to that!

MyZmZm said:
I have this combo - OBX header and Magnaflow cat-back WITH the second cat and resonator - and love it. It's not quiet, but it's not hugely loud either, and most importantly (to me) it doesn't sound like an overgrown mosquito or stupid honda fart-can. (thumb) Fit is good, but because I've lost one mounting point (due to the header), I'm thinking of getting the kartboy exhaust hangars because it does vibrate and rattle a just a little.

Anywho, does stuff sitting in the corner count? Winter is here with a vengeance, and with no garage stuff has to wait for spring. :(
- mazdaspeedster top and bottom grills
- Street Rings
- MSP RH's with Falken 512's
- silver paint (for calipers)
- on the way: dgm lip, luminics bulbs, Ion springs, Tokico illuminas, Racing Beat rear sway bar, Kartboy exhaust hangars, 5th Gear swap (possibly) and passenger motor mount from NSN, and some audio stuff (undecided at this time)

I think that's it for now, still 4 months to go until spring... (wiggle) (cabpatch)
as it turns out the sale went south, I did find some sound clips and think it will be either the magnaflow or a racing beat with the OBX. I am also gonna use Kartboy hangers. Do you think the mam midpipe would make big differance in sound? I have been reading that Beau is trying to get things together and he might give a few deals on some stuff. One last ? the speedster grills, how do they look? The wife bumped a curb and the bottom grille popped in one corner(tab broke) I saw his thread and thought about getting a lower grille wityh a dg cf upper

Pretzellogic said:

oyyy.

I will not spell it out for you. Do some google on what you don't understand and put it together yourself.

I'm not gonna hold your hand and explain it all to you.

ronin12 said:
as it turns out the sale went south, I did find some sound clips and think it will be either the magnaflow or a racing beat with the OBX. I am also gonna use Kartboy hangers. Do you think the mam midpipe would make big differance in sound? I have been reading that Beau is trying to get things together and he might give a few deals on some stuff. One last ? the speedster grills, how do they look? The wife bumped a curb and the bottom grille popped in one corner(tab broke) I saw his thread and thought about getting a lower grille wityh a dg cf upper
No idea on the midpipe, sorry. As for the grills, check out this post http://www.msprotege.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2123217&postcount=185 for some real nice pics installed. Not my car, but you get a good idea what they look like.

Attachments

• DSC00294.JPG
    DSC00294.JPG
    266.9 KB · Views: 253
  • DSC00300.JPG
    DSC00300.JPG
    235.9 KB · Views: 235
Last edited:
I auto-xed it...IN THE RAIN...with my tire pressures set up for dry(bang)...

one word: DREEEFT!

Ops!(such a dumass)!! (deadhorse
Ok! here they are! Ater getting the car up to date, on my way home I decided to give it a little gas!! I guess what I passed 100 like nothing!! (cheers)

Tg5 said:
Like I said, here they are! Enjoy!

Attachments

• P5.JPG
    P5.JPG
    53.7 KB · Views: 274
  • rotor.JPG
    rotor.JPG
    59 KB · Views: 245
  • vinnie.JPG
    vinnie.JPG
    57.2 KB · Views: 225
  • damage.JPG
    damage.JPG
    67.7 KB · Views: 257
  • 110.JPG
    110.JPG
    47.6 KB · Views: 283
ronin12 said:
That does look nice and I know that the prices aren't bad, i'll have to get it over this winter :)

I laugh at Connecticut because I was warned that Rochester had aweful winters but all last winter and so far this snow season there has consistently been less snow in Rochester than CT :p

BTW ur P5 looks great

Oh and btw ronin get the racing beat.. I should cut the video I took inside my car yesterday, the first audio clip I have of my Racing Beat / Ractive header setup. I love the sound so much, hearing the audio from the video makes me want to drive so much!

Right now though the vid is 900MB so I'll have to cut it leaving just the good stuff :D

Heads up guys!!, when I had the car there in the garage, I told vinnie to check the tranny fluid(no leaks) I notice that the reverse sometimes would not engage unless I would go foward a foot and guess what, he only found about 1 qt in there. the book calls for 2.9qt, thats how our cars are coming from factory! (deadhorse

Tg5 said:
Heads up guys!!, when I had the car there in the garage, I told vinnie to check the tranny fluid(no leaks) I notice that the reverse sometimes would not engage unless I would go foward a foot and guess what, he only found about 1 qt in there. the book calls for 2.9qt, thats how our cars are coming from factory! (deadhorse

Great! You may want to check ur guide pins on ur break calipers too lol. Mine were bone dry on the rears...hadn't EVER seen grease

i drove it to work today, and out to lunch... and wondered why the suspension bushings are skweaking(sp?) in this 20 degree weather! :rolleyes:

Back