What have you done to your P5 today?

Put 21.5 mm rear sway bar with factory endlinks on lowered car with factory struts. I know, I know! If the tabs break off the struts I'll have excuse to get the tokicos I want & if I pop the endlinks I'll have excuse to get the AWRs. Gotta go about it the right way to not have wife whining about buying more parts than she thinks I need.........

Bought my P5 about 2 wks ago. Tinted the windows, changed the oil, installed Silverbeam bulbs yesterday and started building the speaker enclosure for my sub....

Was going to building it into the side panel but now I don't think I can get enough air space. Got the box about 1/2 done and only have about .25 cu ft... need .6 or so.. Going to do a redesign this weekend see if I can eek out at least .4-.5 ..

you could go for RE subs,they need very little volume, i will install 2 8" next summer..into the side panels..

TStar said:
you could go for RE subs,they need very little volume, i will install 2 8" next summer..into the side panels..

I currently have a JL Audio 10W6 that I am trying to use. I love that sub. I will probably still try it out, polyfill the hell out of the box.. I had it under the rear seat in my Tundra and that was a terrible box too.. basically the package compartment sealed off with expanding foam... but it sound ok and was totally stealth. Thanks for the suggestion though...

Also forgot I put belts on my car, they sucked.... now 5 days later and the alternator belt squeals when I start the car.. going to retension it this weekend...

hmmm... 11-15K$ protege5... or 25-30K$ Evo... seems like 2 different price ranges to me.. I really really wanted an EVO but thats not going to happen for a few more years, by then there will probably be something else I want....

imjustagirl said:
Finally got rid of it!! w00t. Dont miss it one bit either.. now I'm thinkin bout jumping on the Evo bandwagon.... :)

You won't miss the fun or just in general the way the protege drives? That's sad. Good luck with the Evo. :D

painted the calipers red and installed silverstar bulbs for the fog lights a couple of weekends ago, but today got to put on her new shoes, 225/45/17 Pirelli's mounted on Flik anthracite wasp rims. Hopefully will get pics tomorrow when there is sun out

ronin12 said:
painted the calipers red and installed silverstar bulbs for the fog lights a couple of weekends ago, but today got to put on her new shoes, 225/45/17 Pirelli's mounted on Flik anthracite wasp rims. Hopefully will get pics tomorrow when there is sun out

dont be surprised if your tires rub.

NJP5Guy said:

Yeah I'm running 215/40/17 Kumho Ecsta MXs on a rim with a 45 offset and if I had 1mm less offset it would rub. It looks freakin awesome the way it is though.

I wish I could run 225s :(

NJP5Guy said:

will they rub at all 4 corners or is one end of the car narrower than the other? when i took it out yesterday there were a few different noises but it seemed like cold struts, after a little bit most of it went away. I know when i put them on and put my hand into the wheel well there wasn't much room between inside corner of tire and bottem of strut tower(same in rear) I was gonna take a closer look today(in the light). Flik racing where i got them from assured me that these were a correct fit

ronin12 said:
will they rub at all 4 corners or is one end of the car narrower than the other? when i took it out yesterday there were a few different noises but it seemed like cold struts, after a little bit most of it went away. I know when i put them on and put my hand into the wheel well there wasn't much room between inside corner of tire and bottem of strut tower(same in rear) I was gonna take a closer look today(in the light). Flik racing where i got them from assured me that these were a correct fit

if you dont have probs thats great but really the max size you want would be a 215/40/17. your tire is much taller than the stock tire height by an inch or more. is your car lowered too? i'd go back to that place and tell them they screwed up. otherwise you might have to make some fender adjustments.

NJP5Guy said:
if you dont have probs thats great but really the max size you want would be a 215/40/17. your tire is much taller than the stock tire height by an inch or more. is your car lowered too? i'd go back to that place and tell them they screwed up. otherwise you might have to make some fender adjustments.

no it is not lowered, and i got them from a place in florida(i am in CT) and they shipped them. I really don't want to reship back to them because of hassles with them. I am going to try to roll the fenders in a little bit and then take for test drive and see what happens

ronin12 said:

You can fit your hand in there? (boom05)

Must be massive wheel gap.

zverg said:
You can fit your hand in there? (boom05)

Must be massive wheel gap.
not massive wheel gap, if there was I probably wouldn't have a rub

Attachments

• DSC00300.JPG
    DSC00300.JPG
    235.9 KB · Views: 292
  • DSC00295.JPG
    DSC00295.JPG
    276.1 KB · Views: 262
  • DSC00297.JPG
    DSC00297.JPG
    267.6 KB · Views: 292
  • DSC00302.JPG
    DSC00302.JPG
    228.9 KB · Views: 264
Last edited:
ronin12 said:
not massive wheel gap, if there was I probably wouldn't have a rub

Rolling the fenders should do the trick though, lets us know if it works. I'd roll the fenders to be able to have 225 width tires :D As it is right now I can't fit a finger between the fender and my rear tires because they are so close

zverg said:
Rolling the fenders should do the trick though, lets us know if it works. I'd roll the fenders to be able to have 225 width tires :D As it is right now I can't fit a finger between the fender and my rear tires because they are so close

I also found out earlier that the company I bought them from shipped the wrong size, being frustated I went back to there web and entered all info and the CORRECT size is 215/40/17 infuriated (argh) I rechecked the shipping label and THEY put 225/45/17 (chair) on it and that is what they sent. So now I will wait until Monday (jerkit) and see what they say. Luckily with snow forcasted and me being sick the car wont need to go anywhere(except the carport).
In a different area, did I read somewhere that you have a Magnaflow exhaust? If so how does it sound? I was thinking about buying a used(6 month)obx header and the person wants to sell the exhaust(megan cat back)with it. 300.00 shipped i believe, I like the price, but I don't know about the megan's fit or sound. Heard good things about the magnaflow.

Last edited:
ouch man that sucks. I would've checked the tire size! lol. anyways good luck with that. I should've got 215/40/17... I didn't know, that would be the same size as stock 16's... Now i'm kinda mad. I have 215/45/17... lol.

Back