What have you done to your P5 today?

Fedex guy finally showed up so I could put on the Progress sway bar. Wow, rear end feels pretty planted. Turn in feels much quicker. Can't wait for the first fun run of the year..............

Tasty said:
Black badge mod coming this weekend for me. May do nightshades on the front bumper reflectors too.

black badges are ftw.. you can sorta almost see mine in this pic

297658947_d692e6c066.jpg

rob.. sucks to be you right now. wait.. so there's a sunlight silver p5 with a hood and bumper with paint that matches the rest of the car, just chillin in maryland while the owner is 1500 miles away?? I know what I'm doin tonight (2thumbs) (rlaugh)

Kansei said:
oh hell no, 1500 miles since the last change with fully synthetic oil :D

I checked and both of my oil drain pan things are full, so I can't change it tonight :(

gotta find a place that will dispose of my waste oil and NOT hand me back the oil pan covered in cancer causing used motor oil.. I don't have a friggin pickup truck, I have no place to put that s*** except leaving it right in front of your door you bastard Auto Zone idiots.

I pour mine out of the oil pan into milk jugs, then take them the milk jugs. No worries about spillage this way :)

Yaggie1 said:
Fedex guy finally showed up so I could put on the Progress sway bar. Wow, rear end feels pretty planted. Turn in feels much quicker. Can't wait for the first fun run of the year..............

Which sway bar did you get?
How much and where?

GMalatrasi said:
I put these in Wed. I had to paint the A pillars black as well cause no one had a gray that matched to paint the gauge pod. But it turned out fine. Thanks for the help John.
DSCF0922.jpg

DSCF0923.jpg

And later lasermp5 joined jeg0024 and me...
It was a lil too dark for good pics but here:
DSCF0917.jpg

DSCF0921.jpg

DSCF0919.jpg

Your welcome. Lookin good man. Too bad laser showed up so late....lol

ordered my racing beat catback and AWR motor mounts.. also, installed my injen cai 2 weeks ago.. waiting to tint my windows.. also, im gonna paint my badges when my touch up paint comes in (had to touch up the spoiler in 2 spots, so i figured why not just wait and match the badges to the black mica paint..)

Picked up the 22mm progress bar from Lee (CaneCreekFreak) on the forums. $100.

Also got a pleasant surprise this morning. A box from Josh compliments of FedEx on a Saturday delivery. Brembo rotors FTW !!

I've begun the process of getting rid of her. There won't be a partout aside from whatever parts are sitting in my garage (N/A parts and original exhaust and crap) after the fact.

sorry guys.

if you have an hour (haha.. but seriously almost a little) read my story:
Memoirs of a Protege5

Yaggie1 said:
Picked up the 22mm progress bar from Lee (CaneCreekFreak) on the forums. $100.

Also got a pleasant surprise this morning. A box from Josh compliments of FedEx on a Saturday delivery. Brembo rotors FTW !!

This bar doesnt get the clunk thing right?
How is the install? any pics?

I'm not sure if this bar gets the clunk or not. I only took it for a short drive last night after I put the bar on. No clunk there but it was a pretty short drive. I didn't even break out the camera. Install was cake. Total time: Probably 2 hours. That is: Half hour trying to break the end link bolts loose. 1 hr 20min waiting for teh FedEx guy to drop it off. 10 min to reinstall. I do have to say, turn in is pretty quick and planted. There is a pretty nice corner up the road from me out in the country. 35 mph sign on it. I took it at about 68 or so and could have given it more. Handles nice.

On a side note, out in the garage right now installing the rotors I got from Josh this morning. Just need some new struts and I am good to go.

P.S. Chris, step back and breathe for a few minutes. If I was you I would try to get the hood taken care of. Aside from that, just drive her man........you got way too much time and money and love into her to just dump her now. It not ever going to be a Riddler award winning show car is it ? Don't worry so much about it. Just enjoy the drives, get thru school and after that, who knows...... But, I think you will regret it if you give up on it now. Just my .02.

Kansei said:
I've begun the process of getting rid of her. There won't be a partout aside from whatever parts are sitting in my garage (N/A parts and original exhaust and crap) after the fact.

sorry guys.

if you have an hour (haha.. but seriously almost a little) read my story:
Memoirs of a Protege5

(sad2)

changed the oil and filter, 4 fresh quarts of mobil 1 and a mobil1 626 filter!! :)

Last edited:
had an appointment this morning to have the clear film finally put on my new headlights. (it's too cold outside still to put them on at home, has to be done in a heated shop)

so, we quickly wash off the car (melting snow and dirty roads +1, morrigan -1) and after doing so i notice a LOT of condensation inside the passenger side headlight.

MY BRAND NEW HEADLIGHT THAT HAS ONLY BEEN ON THE CAR FOR 500 KM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The condensation covers the inside of the lens all the way to the high beam light. Luckily I had my camera with me so I could take pictures of the problem, but now I have to wait for the dealershit to call me back on Monday (have to check with a manager grrrr) to see if they'll give me a new one as it's obviously a factory flaw.

Last edited:
oh, i also want them to be the ones to actually change the headlight - i don't want to have to waste two hours of my time pulling off the front bumper so i can change the headlight.

Back