What have you done to your P5 today?

Fixed my wiring AGAIN today. I'm so relieved that I actually found the true source of the problem. When the body shop reassembled my interior door panel (they had to take them off to paint) they pinched the wires to the tweeter on the driver's side. The moment I pulled the sail panel off the music came back (yaaaaay).

I'm still out the $540 dollars though, but at least the new radio is schnazzy :D

.. I've spent about an hour on the phone with my mom today persuading her to visit the Mazda dealership.. she was at the Nissan dealership looking at a 350z and I was like "zomg no!".. I'm really, really trying to get her into a Mazdaspeed6 or just a Mazda6 hatch grand touring. She got to the Mazda dealership but then it started raining hard.. but they had a 6 hatch in the showroom in some new really bright blue color, with the 18" optional wheels.. she said she really likes the hatchback model.. she's gonna go drive it tomorrow and see if she likes it. I suggested driving the 4cyl model instead of the v6 so she can see if it has enough pep for her.

oil change. woot! switched over to syn today. got some mobil 1 from sams club. 6 quarts for 30 bux. and stuck on a v6 626 filter since its bigger :)

Kansei said:
Fixed my wiring AGAIN today. I'm so relieved that I actually found the true source of the problem. When the body shop reassembled my interior door panel (they had to take them off to paint) they pinched the wires to the tweeter on the driver's side. The moment I pulled the sail panel off the music came back (yaaaaay).

I'm still out the $540 dollars though, but at least the new radio is schnazzy :D

.. I've spent about an hour on the phone with my mom today persuading her to visit the Mazda dealership.. she was at the Nissan dealership looking at a 350z and I was like "zomg no!".. I'm really, really trying to get her into a Mazdaspeed6 or just a Mazda6 hatch grand touring. She got to the Mazda dealership but then it started raining hard.. but they had a 6 hatch in the showroom in some new really bright blue color, with the 18" optional wheels.. she said she really likes the hatchback model.. she's gonna go drive it tomorrow and see if she likes it. I suggested driving the 4cyl model instead of the v6 so she can see if it has enough pep for her.

When I had my Civic in for repair of the drivers side fender and door, they took the panel off of the drivers door to work on the dent. Renobs put all the wires for my Infinity Kappa components into one wire nut. Obviously they went into body work because electricity was so promising for them...

Kansei said:

So your mom originally wanted a hardcore sports car and you got her hyped about a midsize wagon? Dude, you have amazing powers of persuasion.

The 350z isn't a hardcore sports car.. it's an entry level sports car with a really bad quality interior, horrible visibility, and no functionality more than anything.

I was actually trying to convince her to get the 3 instead of the 6 but she said the steering was way too light on the 3 and it had bad rear visibility (she test drove a 3 GT sedan). I'm a firm believer that no one needs anything more than a Mazda3 for just normal transportation (anything aside from track usage). Her altima is soooo large and she's usually alone in the car aside from when she volunteers driving elderly people to hospitals and stuff.. she gets friggin 16mpg in her altima (premium fuel) makes me sick.

I want her to get the Mazdaspeed6 if she can still find an 06 model on dealer lots to get that awesome rebate on them.. but no dealerships in CT have an 06 still (bang)

Plus she said she really likes the hatch opening on the 6 :)

Last edited:
I hope she gets a 6 wagon...those are sexy cars...they're all over the place in Italy! The 6 wagon and the sexy Audi A6 wagon(hump)

Kansei said:
Quote "I'd rather kill myself now than drive a station wagon"

thanks mom :p

Hahaha, sounds like my mom! Although mine says she's way too damn young to drive a station wagon.

SATimko said:
Hahaha, sounds like my mom! Although mine says she's way too damn young to drive a station wagon.

It's like they don't realize who they are talking too.

in my haste fixing my speaker wiring short last night I must have disconnected the cable that does the temperature control. Twas 33F this morning, quite the chilly 30 minute commute o_O

I didn't install my new rear wiper today...I haven't gotten around to asking my friend to borrow his dremel. I'll do it tomorrow or Sunday I guess...

whitemp5seattle said:
I didn't install my new rear wiper today...I haven't gotten around to asking my friend to borrow his dremel. I'll do it tomorrow or Sunday I guess...

No need for a dremel....I used a metal file (got the idea from tasty) and filed it down. Takes a little longer (not much) but same result.

Impatiently waiting for my Fedex guy to show up with my new sway bar.........Had the stock one off for like an hour and a half now...........

Damnit Hurry up Fedex !!!!!!

I put these in Wed. I had to paint the A pillars black as well cause no one had a gray that matched to paint the gauge pod. But it turned out fine. Thanks for the help John.
DSCF0922.jpg

DSCF0923.jpg

And later lasermp5 joined jeg0024 and me...
It was a lil too dark for good pics but here:
DSCF0917.jpg

DSCF0921.jpg

DSCF0919.jpg

StealthWyvern said:
I certainly hope thats not 1500 miles overdue!

oh hell no, 1500 miles since the last change with fully synthetic oil :D

I checked and both of my oil drain pan things are full, so I can't change it tonight :(

gotta find a place that will dispose of my waste oil and NOT hand me back the oil pan covered in cancer causing used motor oil.. I don't have a friggin pickup truck, I have no place to put that s*** except leaving it right in front of your door you bastard Auto Zone idiots.

Back