What have you done to your P5 today?

I did the speaker timing and eq testing today.. so fun!

steps:
push the button, faceplate tilts down to expose microphone jack, plug in microphone and strap to the center of the driver's headrest. push the start button, the 10 second countdown timer starts. quickly get out of the car, close the door, etc (all windows need to be closed, anything obstructing the speakers (like a box on the floor in front of the passenger seat) removed).

then for 6-10 minutes you hear all sorts of fun testing noises coming individually from each speaker (I only run two front door speakers (with factory tweeters) and the subwoofer), changing in volume, pitch, etc. it even tests and tunes the subwoofer.

I checked the settings after it finished and it looks like it was quite accurate.. it told me the distance from my head to each speaker.. lotta fun :)

Kansei said:
I did the speaker timing and eq testing today.. so fun!

steps:
push the button, faceplate tilts down to expose microphone jack, plug in microphone and strap to the center of the driver's headrest. push the start button, the 10 second countdown timer starts. quickly get out of the car, close the door, etc (all windows need to be closed, anything obstructing the speakers (like a box on the floor in front of the passenger seat) removed).

then for 6-10 minutes you hear all sorts of fun testing noises coming individually from each speaker (I only run two front door speakers (with factory tweeters) and the subwoofer), changing in volume, pitch, etc. it even tests and tunes the subwoofer.

I checked the settings after it finished and it looks like it was quite accurate.. it told me the distance from my head to each speaker.. lotta fun :)

Digital time correction...sweet!

I think my Pioneer (Pioneer DEH-P7800MP) will do that to. I don't believe it will do it automatically though (uhm) . I think I have to do some measuring. Haven't messed with it yet.

Kansei said:
my old alpine does it too (manually, you have to measure the distance yourself), wanna buy it? :D

Kansei said:
I bought, soldered the wiring harness, and installed my new Pioneer Premier DEH P880PRS today :)

turns out my alpine was still fine though.. there was a fuse somewhere.. must have been loose or something? but maybe there was a bad fuse, I didn't notice and just relocated it for some reason because now my rear wiper doesn't work haha.

deh-p880prs.jpg

$540 tax included well spent I'd say.. sorta almost.. ok not at all since my old one was fine now >_< too late to return it, I already soldered up the wiring harness. Ah oh well, I'll just sell my Alpine..

have that same HU and yes the auto EQ and Timing is awesome....tunes everything with the push of a button....

i just need to get some door speakers to replace the stockers...stockers are not bad...but not loud enough when u get the heavy bass going.

bigj884 said:
have that same HU and yes the auto EQ and Timing is awesome....tunes everything with the push of a button....

i just need to get some door speakers to replace the stockers...stockers are not bad...but not loud enough when u get the heavy bass going.

I think I know what I'm looking into...

Right now I have my Pioneer 7600MP in mine. It's not a bad head unit by anymeans, but it has to go back into the Honda when it's ready...

so do ya'll think i will be ok if I just get the header and wait a few weeks or a month to get the motor mount?

I'm gonna get some RR Racing mounts as soon as my federal return comes in (along w/ a bunch o miata parts. Hi tax return! :) Bye tax return :()

rednecks_r_us said:
If your stock mounts aren't torn then get the header.

i dont think they are. it seems fine. i'll go ahead and get that and then get the mounts in a month or so

Kansei said:
I bought, soldered the wiring harness, and installed my new Pioneer Premier DEH P880PRS today :)

turns out my alpine was still fine though.. there was a fuse somewhere.. must have been loose or something? but maybe there was a bad fuse, I didn't notice and just relocated it for some reason because now my rear wiper doesn't work haha.

deh-p880prs.jpg

$540 tax included well spent I'd say.. sorta almost.. ok not at all since my old one was fine now >_< too late to return it, I already soldered up the wiring harness. Ah oh well, I'll just sell my Alpine..

Dang, that looks sweet as hell. Does it have an iPod input or anything? I hate the iPod control of my Alpine, but then again it is archaic. I also hate my iPod, but that is also old. CDs dislike my suspension and motor mounts so that is the way to go

khaosman said:
Dang, that looks sweet as hell. Does it have an iPod input or anything? I hate the iPod control of my Alpine, but then again it is archaic. I also hate my iPod, but that is also old. CDs dislike my suspension and motor mounts so that is the way to go

I think you can get an ipod cable? (dunno)

I know you can get a dvd player, tv tuner, sirius, xm, etc for it. I'm considering getting sirius.. I had XM with my alpine and I just absolutely couldn't stand the programming.. for modern rock / indie it just totally sucks (puke)

I know it's certified to play protected apple AAC files from itunes burned to CD. it does WMA and MP3 too of course. I need to see if it can play apple lossless or somethin.. not that it would be useful, would only be able to get 2 cds onto one if the compression is around the same as FLAC (it is).

Today I did something amazing.. HAND WASHED MY CAR :D :D :D (naughty)

I don't think I personally hand washed the car since October/November.. of course it has been washed plenty of times since then, but only at touchless car washes with their uber awesome crazy harsh chemicals.

My front bumper and hood still don't match the rest of the car at all. My passenger side rear fender rust is now no longer contained on the fender lip, it has bubbled the paint on the fender.. again, right where Modern Mazda did a craptastic job fixing it.

Oh and I put my summer wheels on. WOW um.. I never noticed my summer wheels making the car that much slower, but they do now (dunno)

sure do look purdy though. My Potenza RE750s have a ton of tread left on them too, coming from Ecsta MXs it's weird to have tires last more than 6 months haha.

Oh and I went in my car to go back to work and o_O my door speakers weren't working again. I pulled a bunch of fuses, and some weird fuse was blown.. don't remember exactly which one. NOT the Radio fuse, not the Room fuse, and definitely not the A/C fuse (I have both A/C fuses out). I dunno, it's weird. It's working now though?

JoshP5 said:
Most aftermarket HUs have uselessly tiny buttons all over their faces. This HU looks decent.

ya, buttons too small and hard to locate when you're driving!

Red Samco Hoses and today just finished a one-off radiator shroud made by me!

Attachments

• 3-22 003.jpg
    3-22 003.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 298
  • 3-22 006.jpg
    3-22 006.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 283
Such a nice afternoon decided to bail on work and head home early. Had some time to kill so I thought I would throw in the new SLS front motor mount. I likey.

Back