What have you done to your P5 today?

Yaggie1 said:
Just slapped in the new Tribute windshield nozzles, easy a pie. Got the SLS motor mount today too. Probably do that on Sat when I install the new sway bar

how much were the nozzles? did you just get them through mazda or what?

is there a way to angle the beam of the fog lights? someone told me there is a little plate inside the housing that you can move to angle the beam parallel to the ground or into the ground. anyone done this?

Any certain year Tribute that they are off of?
FrolessWonder said:
rather than shoot two streams of water, they mist over the whole windsheild. They seem to work a lot better, i put mne in last week.

amsgator said:
is there a way to angle the beam of the fog lights? someone told me there is a little plate inside the housing that you can move to angle the beam parallel to the ground or into the ground. anyone done this?

You can aim them by loosening their mounting bolts. You can also bend the little shield that covers the top half of the bulb to alter the beam pattern "cutoff." But no matter what you do with the stock fogs, they still suck. Aftermarket FTW!

JoshP5 said:
You can aim them by loosening their mounting bolts. You can also bend the little shield that covers the top half of the bulb to alter the beam pattern "cutoff." But no matter what you do with the stock fogs, they still suck. Aftermarket FTW!

i just want them aimed off the ground. and i'm not gonna spend money just for fogs...i dont see a point, i dont use them in the fog since we rarely have any...so its not a big deal. i'd rather spend money on other stuff...like the header i am about to get. just dont know if i can wait on the motor mount(s) or not or if i need them immediately

amsgator said:
i just want them aimed off the ground. and i'm not gonna spend money just for fogs...i dont see a point, i dont use them in the fog since we rarely have any...so its not a big deal. i'd rather spend money on other stuff...like the header i am about to get. just dont know if i can wait on the motor mount(s) or not or if i need them immediately
i cant unbolt my fog lights, the nut is stuck, and im afraid that if i try to get it off something will break. any tips?

redpr5 said:
i cant unbolt my fog lights, the nut is stuck, and im afraid that if i try to get it off something will break. any tips?

i just kept tugging. nothing broke, but once the bolt broke loose i punched somethin under the car...and cut my hand...for BOTH sides :-(

amsgator said:
i undid the bolt in the back and then the blue pin and they came right out. no sense in taking the bumper off....

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?t=98860

i followed that when i did mine a while back
I just undo the front part of the splash guards (like 4 screws) bend back to get to the rear of the lights. Then there are three (10mm?) nuts that hold the fogs in the bucket. Undo the wiring plug and pull out the light. I can change both light bulbs out in under 20 minutes.

I got my gauges wired up, well almost. The interior portion is done, just have to run it through the firewall to the sensors. Getting the climate control back together was pissing me off to no end, probably because I was doing it wrong, haha.

I bought, soldered the wiring harness, and installed my new Pioneer Premier DEH P880PRS today :)

turns out my alpine was still fine though.. there was a fuse somewhere.. must have been loose or something? but maybe there was a bad fuse, I didn't notice and just relocated it for some reason because now my rear wiper doesn't work haha.

deh-p880prs.jpg

$540 tax included well spent I'd say.. sorta almost.. ok not at all since my old one was fine now >_< too late to return it, I already soldered up the wiring harness. Ah oh well, I'll just sell my Alpine..

Back