Compare auto reliability with reliable results at TrueDelta.com!

Compare auto reliability with reliable results at TrueDelta.com!
Page 3773 of 3776 FirstFirst ... 2773327336733723376337713772377337743775 ... LastLast
Results 56,581 to 56,595 of 56631

Thread: What have you done to your P5 today?

I'll shoot ya my info.
    02 Protege 5
    Suspension:
    BC Coilovers; AWR endlinks; GT Spec front 4 point ladder bar; GT Spec rear V-Brace; GT Spec reinforcement panel; GT Spec rear strut bar; AWR trailing arms; Modded factory rear sway bar.

Performance:
    MP3 ECU (not flashed); Unorthodox Underdrive Pulley; JDM MS flywheel (16lbs);
    K&N drop in panel filter < the absolute Worst thing I ever did.
    1sty Grounding Kit; TB Coolant Bypass Mod; 03 MSP Rear Axleback; Resonator Delete.

Interior:
    Kartboy Short Shifter with Kartboy Bushings; DGM CF Gauge Bezel; DGM CF passenger side dash cover; Wink 5 Panel Mirror; Baton style Shiftknob; 4 inch shifter extension; Red Accent Lights; Super Bright LED's in the Gauge Cluster.

https://www.youtube.com/user/ogsk8ermocc/videos

Registered Member

Just Wrapped!

Last edited by hezron; 04-20-2019 at 10:02 PM.

Registered Member Protege5 Smoke's Avatar

2002 Mazda Protege5

Holy crap that color is amazing!

I just put my summer wheels/tires on and installed my Hydra trailing arms. Out with the old, in with the brandnewawesomeshinygoldsexy trailingarms [emoji1787]

hezron - yes that color is really amazing! I usually dont care for wraps as they tend to have more of a flat matte style finish. Yours seems to shine like a gloss paint. Looks really nice.

Protege5 Smoke - Those trailing arms are awesome. I'd love to pick up a set. How do they feel driving around? I have the AWR trailing links, but those Hydra arms look beefier.

Went out yesterday and decided to check the preload on the rear BC's. Turns out I had about 14mm of preload. EEK! Should be around 4mm. No idea how it got like that. Through the years, perhaps I adjusted them, or the alignment shop did. Either way, I set them back to the proper 4mm. What a huge difference in ride quality. Doesnt seem to slam over bumps like it did before. Much quieter than before, but still kind of noisey. Cant locate the source of this odd loud clicking I get over larger bumps. But I cant get over how much better the ride quality is compared to before. Night and day. Much less sway as well, even though it feels much softer. Zero body roll even with no rear sway bar. (Working on fabbing up some bushings/brackets for my modded OEM 16mm bar.) So, I urge anyone with BC's to go check their preload. Its easy enough to adjust and the payoff is worth it. Gotta love how easy BC's are to work on even if they're over a decade old like mine are.

Oh, also I feel like an idiot, but how do you remove the AC, fan, Heater knobs?
    The center fan knob pulls right out with no issues. But the other two refuse to come out. I was yanking on them pretty hard. I stopped because I thought they were going to break. Whats the secret? haha
    Last edited by o.g.sk8er; 04-29-2019 at 11:14 AM.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Registered Member Protege5 Smoke's Avatar

2002 Mazda Protege5

Quote Originally Posted by o.g.sk8er View Post
    Protege5 Smoke - Those trailing arms are awesome. I'd love to pick up a set. How do they feel driving around? I have the AWR trailing links, but those Hydra arms look beefier.
    Honestly, I canít say thereís a huge difference. But I havenít really pushed the car since I put them on so thereís not really any way of telling. As far as getting some, get a hold of Hydra on FB see if he has any more unclaimed sets. Otherwise, see if someone wants to part with theirs lol. It was a limited group but though, so your chances are slim.. :/
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Yea I figured it would be tough to get a set. I'll keep an eye out though.

Donated: $8.08

'02 P5

I saw a guy selling the Hydra ones on the Mazda Protege Parts group on facebook, not sure if they're still available or not.
    Apparently it looks like he'll only be selling out parts in group buys now rather than 1 or 2 orders at a time and having to produce them every time. Don't quote me on that though, just too lazy to find his comment lol.

I'll keep an eye out. Thank you!

Quiet in here lately...

So, I saw these knobs awhile back and thought I'd purchase a set because I liked the way they look, the seller has great reviews about them and they were cheap. They snap right on nice and tight and imho, think they look better with the other round interior knobs. The old wedge knobs seem to collect a lot of dust on the wedged portion for me. These round ones shouldn't collect as much dust I would think. But yeah, so far I like them. I like the way the light shines a ring around the knob lol.
    Please excuse the crappy pics. I'm no photographer and these are cell pics lol.
    I remember someone saying they liked little things, like from eBay, and they might like these. Don't remember who it was. Door strikers or something? ��

Donated: $25

LX, MSP 1145

I'll keep an eye out. Thank you!

Quiet in here lately...

So, I saw these knobs awhile back and thought I'd purchase a set because I liked the way they look, the seller has great reviews about them and they were cheap. They snap right on nice and tight and imho, think they look better with the other round interior knobs. The old wedge knobs seem to collect a lot of dust on the wedged portion for me. These round ones shouldn't collect as much dust I would think. But yeah, so far I like them. I like the way the light shines a ring around the knob lol.
    Please excuse the crappy pics. I'm no photographer and these are cell pics lol.
    I remember someone saying they liked little things, like from eBay, and they might like these. Don't remember who it was. Door strikers or something? ��

Oh I love them, can you link me?
    Be happy!

After re-reading my post, one might think I bought these from eBay. I wanted to apologize for any confusion, if any lol.
    Here's the link where I purchased mine.
    https://m.aliexpress.com/item/328907...minum-Alloy-AC
    I knew nothing about AliExpress and thought, hope I don't get burned for $7 lol. Transaction was same as Amazon or eBay compete with tracking number.
    I purchased them April 27th and received them today, May 13th. Not too bad. I was in no hurry either. So far I'm satisfied.
    Last edited by o.g.sk8er; 05-14-2019 at 12:51 AM.

Registered Member

lolmsp

Quiet in here lately...
    is it too quiet? i can add all of my p5 shenanigans haha
    03 MSP, 03 P5

It ain't that quiet. j/k!
    I'd say share anything. I bet people would be interested.

So my CD player stopped working again. Doesn't even show the 6 CD's that are now stuck in there. Everything else works fine. It does that every now and then. It'll start working again whenever it wants to, like in a month or so lol.

Comp Engineering Student Riot_Polizei's Avatar

2002 Mazda Protege5

Give it a good punch! Last time my old CD player ate a CD, a good whack released it.

On second thought, not too hard, otherwise you'll break it completely. There's a reason why I have a new headunit lol
    2002 Mazda Protege5
    ■ Sunburst Yellow ■ Black Rear Valence ■ Injen Cold Air Intake ■ Racing Beat Catback Exhaust ■ Moog Front Endlinks
    ■ Megan Racing Rear Strut Tower Bar ■ Racing Beat Rear Sway Bar ■ Mazda6 Front Big Brakes ■ Foglight Deletes
    ■ OBX 4-1 Headers ■ MP3 ECU ■ VTCS-less Intake Manifold ■ Mishimoto Aluminum Racing Radiator + Fan Shroud
    ■ AWR Trailing Arms

Haha funny you mention that. I did that once before and it started playing. Hurt my hand though lol. Maybe I'll try a gentle rap..

Looking for John Connor Breeegz's Avatar
    Donated: $10

2003 Protege 5 -- 2016 Ford Expedition

Maybe I'll try a gentle rap..
    Rockabye Baby: Lullaby renditions of Jay-Z?
    https://youtu.be/YZiF3ZnLOvo
    Now you see me, now you don't. I'm a Ninja.
    My Cardomain page My Alaska Picture Thread My Zombie Protege5 Project

Page 3773 of 3776 FirstFirst ... 2773327336733723376337713772377337743775 ... LastLast