Compare auto reliability with reliable results at TrueDelta.com!

Compare auto reliability with reliable results at TrueDelta.com!
Page 3757 of 3757 FirstFirst ... 27573257365737073747375537563757
Results 56,341 to 56,346 of 56346

Thread: What have you done to your P5 today?

Registered Member

02 protege5 ES 5dr

Quote Originally Posted by JazzySP20 View Post
    But the fact that it doesn't light up is a bummer.
    Yeah startled me when I took the time to check. I might look into a mod of some kind ( maybe just gently removing masking from behind ? ).

Good luck with your solution !

2002 mazda protege 5

So yes, the AUS cluster has no CRUISE indicator. It also has no Check Engine light! It's not even printed on the face plate!...
    What??? No check engine light !???

So How Do You Know If You're Throwing A Code ?!?

You do have codes don't you??
    Like OBDII or something right ???

You guys really need to smarten up and drive on the right side of the road !!?!?
    The Diagram Dude

Registered Member

BJII Astina SP20

Quote Originally Posted by horseflesh View Post
    Yeah startled me when I took the time to check. I might look into a mod of some kind ( maybe just gently removing masking from behind ? ).

Good luck with your solution !
    Sounds like a plan. And installing a red light source behind it too as I don't think the standard set up will make it light up.

Thanks. The solution involves a '02 626 oil/temp face plate (exact same design as BJ 323 but with Cruise light), a blade and some tape/superglue! mod FTW!!

BTW, if you're still interested in a AUS spec white face cluster I'll see what I can do. Let me know.
    Last edited by JazzySP20; 01-09-2018 at 01:40 AM.

Registered Member

BJII Astina SP20

Quote Originally Posted by pcb View Post
    What??? No check engine light !???

So How Do You Know If You're Throwing A Code ?!?
    The thing is, being that these cars were originally designed and built in Japan, the steering wheel is on the "right" side of the car. When they swapped the wheel to the left, and the wiring, ECU, etc. had to be modified/changed, it caused a lot of issues and that's why you guys need to have a check engine light - because shits always going wrong with the LH drive models. Possibly because the electricity is travelling in the wrong direction also!?? We don't need the check engine light because the RH drive models are as originally designed and are more reliable you see?

And should we mention the 'R' word!?? We don't have that problem here either! My SP20 is almost 17 years old and does not have a single spot of rust anywhere! Nothing under the car, under guards, panels, none, na da. I've seen some pic's of North American P5's where the rust is so bad, even the plastic bumpers are corroded!!

But yes, we do have codes and OBDII port. I check every month or so for codes, and only P0420 shows up every now and then.
    Very reliable these RH drive Protégés!

Registered Member

Mazda Protege5

Installed both new rear calipers from Rockauto and all 4 SS brake lines I received from a fellow member...problem is the right rear pushes out white break fluid. Which I guess is when air hits it? Never did that before and it started suddenly as I was bleeding the brakes. The reason for changing them was the pistons were leaking. Suggestions? It's been raining and I'm just recovering from the flu so that turned into a 4 day job so far.

Registered Member

protege5

And should we mention the 'R' word!?? We don't have that problem here either! My SP20 is almost 17 years old and does not have a single spot of rust anywhere! Nothing under the car, under guards, panels, none, na da. I've seen some pic's of North American P5's where the rust is so bad, even the plastic bumpers are corroded!!

lol

not a single spot of rust on my protege anywhere. i've also learned that if i keep a nice coat of mud/dirt over the car not only does it protect against rust, but also the sun from fading the paint

Page 3757 of 3757 FirstFirst ... 27573257365737073747375537563757