What have you done to your P5 today?

Are they really that bad??
I'm up for new mounts soon and was looking at using some AWR ones..
It wasn't too bad once I got cruising, though there was still a noticable thrumming that was skin to having loud tires. At idle it sucked. Low RPM sucked even more. It was embarrassing having others in the car when I pulled away from a stop. It felt and sounded like I was driving a broken down sh!tbox.

I put the broken OEM mount back in and even with the top half of the mount being torn, NVH is 100% better. This is a daily driver, not a no-compromise track star.
Man they aren't that bad at all I have the full set of 70a on my msp and it's not over the top with vibration I don't know why nick is tripping so hard on just the one mount also they do break in over time I don't believe nick gave it the proper break in period but as for me I'm happy with them and would recommend them to anyone
Maybe you have a higher tolerance for obnoxious NVH. I had the thing installed for a week and drove it ~50km a day. No improvement.

My car now has any number of rattles and buzzes that weren't present prior to installing it (since going back to OEM).

Sure, the shift action and power delivery were marginally better, but there's no way I'd ever accept the increase in NVH in a daily driver as a reasonable trade-off. I can't imagine a full set being anything short of being strapped into a paint can shaker on wheels...

I have two proteges, the MP3 has medieval 90A full mount set and the MSP has the AWR 70A full set. Both are heavily modified with performance as the focus over aesthetics. That said neither car is anywhere close to a paint can shaker, even the MP3 with 90A. Yes it has a bit of in-cabin vibration and definitely feels stiff but considering the amount of mods that's to be expected and my girlfriend will still ride in it no problem although she says it is loud! Also neither car has any rattles and buzzes but then again I maintain both meticulously and make sure that all the bolts etc are tightened properly. Maybe as you said I can tolerate more but I do think the AWR mounts are a good choice for anyone looking to replace theirs.

Got word from my wife that her P5 was the middle car in a 5 car sandwich this morning. :-(

Pretty much no chance it won't be totaled with damage at both ends of a 12 year old 115,000 mile car.

Sucks.

Wife is OK-ish. She loved that car, though.

+2 on the wife being OK. Car can be replaced......................Meanwhile, snuck mine out the garage for predawn prerush hour gallavant to workplace. Still love driving this thing. Adjusting to the extended armrest thing. Pondering some nice Wet Okole seat covers. Have them in my truck and they are kick ass. Expensive but so worth it.

http://1drv.ms/1JXZxl7

Found out what the humming was from the front right wheel- inner race was shot!

I'm thinking the bearings have been done in the past due to how easily everything came apart, but I could be wrong. If anyone knows anything about wheel seals, Koyo was the brand of the ones I removed. I'm not sure if they'd supply OE parts or not to the factory.

@Foolish, hopefully the missus is okay. 10/10 times I'd take a smashed car over an injury- if I had to pick between the two.

Wet sanded and clear coated my headlights today. The right one came out fantastic but I think I used too much clear coat on the left one. Would sanding it back down and coating it again fix it? Thanks boys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got word from my wife that her P5 was the middle car in a 5 car sandwich this morning. :-(

Pretty much no chance it won't be totaled with damage at both ends of a 12 year old 115,000 mile car.

Sucks.

Wife is OK-ish. She loved that car, though.

Damn, where did this happen? Im in Burke! Hope shes fine and sorry for the loss on the P5 :(

Wet sanded and clear coated my headlights today. The right one came out fantastic but I think I used too much clear coat on the left one. Would sanding it back down and coating it again fix it? Thanks boys

That will fix it. I would keep an eye on the humidity and weather we have been having. You know how VA is, weather is always changing and the weather stations are always wrong.

Had front end clunking that I thought was the end links/sway bar. Turned out that both lower control arms/ball joints were shot. So... That's fixed. All that's left is to fix the dead AC compressor...

Damn, where did this happen? Im in Burke! Hope shes fine and sorry for the loss on the P5 :(

Fairfax County Parkway, over towards Belvoir, early last Tuesday morning. If you go that way, she apologizes for the traffic jam! (Though she didn't cause the accident!)

She was sore for a couple of days. The insurance company did total the car. :-/

Last edited:
^^^^Just read about the accident. Sorry to hear but happy to know your wife is feeling better. What do you plan on replacing it with?

^^^^Just read about the accident. Sorry to hear but happy to know your wife is feeling better. What do you plan on replacing it with?

Thanks. We spent Saturday test driving, and most of the evenings before and since then researching. My wife over-analyzes things to the point that I'm sick of talking about cars with her at this point! (boom06)

Top 4 contenders are:
Mazda3 hatch.
Kia Forte5 SX (Turbo)
Hyundai Elantra GT
MINI Cooper Hardtop 4-door.

They all have their strengths.

Thanks. We spent Saturday test driving, and most of the evenings before and since then researching. My wife over-analyzes things to the point that I'm sick of talking about cars with her at this point! (boom06)

Top 4 contenders are:
Mazda3 hatch.
Kia Forte5 SX (Turbo)
Hyundai Elantra GT
MINI Cooper Hardtop 4-door.

They all have their strengths.

you know you want that mazda3. Iv'e finally talked my gf into the CX3 so I cannot wait for her to get that

Thanks soundwave.! You're right about how unpredictable the weather is here. I redid them this morning though and everything came out great!
f3574c989c72410407ee1203b2b2cfdb.jpg
4310ead713e8c4e7ebc7d9b071261aba.jpg

Had my water pump belt snap on me out of nowhere. Had to change it on the side of the road with some crap tools. Now I've got a brand new serpentine belt too. Chased a vacuum leak because I did the repair in the dark and apparently knocked a hose loose. Good as new now with a freshly cleaned maf sensor lol

anyone know that part number for an FS-ZE (2002) engine ECU, I have the JDM engine and need to unlock it's power. If their is another way to accomplish let me know, either way anything would be of great help.

Back