What have you done to your P5 today?

Any of you guys know of or seen a header for the BJ Protege that goes by the name HKS Estate?

Listed on ebay: https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

Listed as a 4-2-1 and seems to be pricey but maybe a rare JDM piece?

yeah thats an autoexe/maxim header. i currently have one that i ordered from japan and will be having it ceramic coated here soon and also should be receiving another one i might sell or coat a different color. im not sure if HKS had the same design/manufacturer as autoexe, since maxim made them for autoexe. it is rare in the US and very expensive used from japan. close to 1k brand new. this one is a bit expensive for the condition its in. i think when i'll sell mine it'll be around that price but in way better condition.

i also just received my front aluminum carbing and rear aluminum autoexe strut bars yesterday from australia that i ordered from http://jdmparts.rupewrecht.com/ great seller with great comunication. He sometimes has autoexe headers for sale but they go quick.

Been wanting these Weathertechs deflectors for a long time now - finally bit the bullet. They're gonna come in super handy this summer in FL. Will install sometime this weekend hopefully.

20150619_192529_Night.jpg

Last edited:
Been wanting these Weathertechs deflectors for a long time now - finally bit the bullet. They're gonna come in super handy this summer in FL. Will install sometime this weekend hopefully.

20150619_192529_Night.jpg

Where the hell did you get those? Ive been looking for a set forever

EDIT: Nevermind lol I thought they discontinued them for the P5 but I was only looking at the dark tint set.

Last edited:
Where the hell did you get those? Ive been looking for a set forever

EDIT: Nevermind lol I thought they discontinued them for the P5 but I was only looking at the dark tint set.

WT hasn't had an entire dark set to order for a while. My windows are tinted at legal limit here in FL so they're not too dark. Hopefully the light tint deflectors will match better :)

Installed my Hella Supertones today and absolutely love the look and sound! Definately won't have any issues with people not hearing me honk anymore ;).

Installation was super straightforward but I had to hack up quite a bit of the back of the grille for a proper fit.

18411407654_c67c19b315_z.jpg

19033962245_4a4c6f9a1f_z.jpg

still waiting to get my cylinder head back from the machine shop.... they said maybe next week....

Installed Coilovers
Installed new coil packs
Installed new ignition leads
Installed new spark plugs
Changed front bumper to a non-broken SP20 front bumper (going to modify my original bumper for a custom look)

Busy, Busy, Busy

Look out next weekend. Engine mounts and short shifter coming at you.

adS1giN.jpg

Removed the plastidip from my emblems, and plastidipped that rear bumper part and the spoiler.
Yellowspeed coilovers next week!

Picked up my protege5 a couple weeks ago and have been trying to fix things up so it passes inspection. First time really doing my own work other than oil change.

-Oil Change
-New Pads and Rotors, one "new" caliper
-Reconnected brake line (don't know why is wasn't connected)
-New rear control link arms
-Made a hood prop rod
-Fixed driver seat belt latch
-Replaced broken lug stud
-Replaced VTCS Solenoid

Having tires put on today, going with 205/50R16

Inspection is later this week, I'm sure they will find something!

Not today, but a few weeks ago (friend uploaded pictures)

yqa14fN.jpg

bzYOys1.jpg

Car immediately died after fording these streams (and a previous stream, but pictures of that crossing are super fuzzy). Looks like I got some electrical gremlins somewhere.

They have the same mounts lol if you want an upgrade you want an AWR mount. Only aftermarket mounts they still make for the protege

The passenger mount on the MSP is different. It's got harder rubber. That said, yes, the other 3 mounts are the same regardless.

Street Unit also makes mounts, so that's another option. They're billet rather than welded like AWR. Both are available in 70 duro.

The mounts are the same...there is no harder rubber Oem mount besides after market and I believe su offers 68 and awr 70 but I'm sure they are almost identical in duro

Last edited:
The mounts are the same...there is no harder rubber Oem mount besides after market and I believe su offers 68 and awr 70 but I'm sure they are almost identical in duro

See here: http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?14346-MSP-Motor-mounts

Traveler said:
Talked with someone that sourced the Mazdaspeed part numbers for the mounts. They are all the same as the other models except for the #3 mount. That's the one on the passenger side that goes from the timing belt area to the chassis. It's quite a bit stiffer than the other cars. Interestingly enough looks like the wheel hop on the ES/LX models might not be from the motor moving front to rear, but from ONE END of the motor moving front to rear and the motor actually twisting in the engine compartment. It would be interesting to see what happens on hard launches with the stock mounts and the hood off so you could see what happens.

Anyway, the #3 mount has a part number, but is not yet available. Should be in the next couple months. Might be a much easier solution to the problem as it's a HELL of a lot easier to get to than the rear mount.

and here: http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sh...ng-the-Gear-Shift-Mechanism-and-its-Operation

goldstar said:
Thanks to TheMAN for providing the Forum with information about this mount along with the part number. His favorable report on the benefits obtained from installation on his car, reduction in wheel hop and improved shifting reponse, prompted me to do the same on mine. This is the mount located on the right (passenger) side of the car. It's the only mount that differs from the standard Protege engine mounts and is noticeably stiffer than stock. Also, it will only fit M/T 2.0 L cars. The part no. is: BP7H-39-06Y and it cost me US $168.90 at my dealer. It can be identified by the blue paint dot on the metal bracket as opposed to the white dot on the standard mount.

referring to this: http://www.protegefaq.net/

TheMAN said:
If you have a 2.0l manual transmission car, you can also get the #3 engine mount from the MazdaSpeed Proteg. They are made of a stiffer rubber material but still allow acceptable NVH levels for a daily/street driven vehicle. The MazdaSpeed #3 engine mount part number is BP7H-39-06Y.

Totally possible that Traveler, goldstar and TheMAN are wrong, but from what I've seen, they know their stuff pretty well.

Back