What have you done to your P5 today?

hmmmm. if thats the case i might not put it on. I was thinking of putting the msp exhaust on the wifes esgt... maybe i could put this on the p5 as i baught it for the mx3 and never used it.

46997-pre-order-now-dtm-stijl-universele-rvs-einddemper.jpg

id cut the slants off though. I guess it isnt that big a deal to clamp/weld in an extra length of pipe if i ever did wanna put the msp back on a sedan.

Howdy gang, first or second time here, but i have my check engine light on in my 03 and i think i know the problem but I'd like your input. So the two codes I got we're P0171 and P0455. Now we think it's the fuel filter, where and how difficult is it to change? And for background on the car, it has 94500 miles, and i don't know the history of repairs/replacements. But it seems to be down on what little power it has, and it seems to jerk and chug when starting into first and then into second, but from there the gear changes are smooth. The jerky chugging reminds me of when i was first started driving stick and wasn't giving enough gas when letting the clutch out, it isn't that bad, but just to give you an idea, I know it isn't me because I've been driving stick for 3 years, so I doubt it's my bad driving. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Anyone here heard of the JIC Magic exhaust for the P5? Looks interesting but wondering if its worth almost $400, since i wanted to replace my Magnaflow with a Corksport but they no longer sell one for the P5.

A few people used to have that one and never remember hearing anything bad about it.

Instead of cleaning my egr I just robbed the fresh new one off the recall intake manifold that stayed on the car maybe a week. Had my own P&P'd one minus the VTCS so I just sat the new one on the shelf. Came in handy, the egr off it is all fresh and smooth compared to the 90k one that's been on the car.

Anyone here heard of the JIC Magic exhaust for the P5? Looks interesting but wondering if its worth almost $400, since i wanted to replace my Magnaflow with a Corksport but they no longer sell one for the P5.

Do you have pictures of the exact one you have the option of buying? Is it ss, or ti? I was going to purchase the Ti model back in 08 but the shipping time was horrendous! Is this one a catback or just rear section?

Last edited:
Removed passenger side door panel and replaced it with a sedan door panel. Now i can put the lock switch in its right place and took away that annoying handle that curves up

Removed passenger side door panel and replaced it with a sedan door panel. Now i can put the lock switch in its right place and took away that annoying handle that curves up

Just wondering... How often do you sit in the passenger side in your car to find the curved handle and the lock button annoying lol!

Just finished installing a 3.5 MSP Axleback I picked up. One thing I didn't think about was that the exhaust is oval and my outlet is round. So right now it just rattles the whole back bumper at idle or low RPM but I like it so far. Any advice on how to cut/make my exhaust outlet larger? I think a hacksaw would be a little.....barbaric?

Pics up soon!

Hmmmm, just how much did they cut off? I used to have an 03.5 installed on mine and had no issues with rubbing the bumper. Bought mine second hand so the tip had already been shortened. Maybe the hangers need to be replaced or you could even go with the Corksport hangers?

P5MSPTip1.jpg

I chopped up a lower grill for my DG grill

Looks great man!!

attachment.php

And thats what ive done to my p5 the last couple weeks... Got a yellow speed protege

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 450
Last edited by a moderator:
I plasidipped the door handles, rear spoiler, and the mirrors. looks pretty good.

My car is silver, but the door handles were discolored even showing green on some places. The rear spoiler was turning white from clearcoat damage? I just did the mirrors since I was in the plasidip mood.

I like the look, where can I find one of these DG grills?

It's the DG motorsports grill. They were made in Carbon Fiber and Fiber Glass. They aren't made anymore so you have to keep an eye out for them. Part outs and for sale threads are a great way to find them

Msp muffler looks great. Ill install mine shortly after holidays. Found out my.p5 is burning 3 liters of oil in 2 months lol. No slicks or much smoke. Weird.
When it gets warmer I'm.gonna get some rear fendeds welded in and repaint her on the cheap. Can't decide on blazing yellow or laser blue. They look pretty badass parked next to eachother ha.

Fixed the aim on the retrofit, wired up the newly acquired foglights, rewired my foglights always on mod, and put the bumper back on. Started sanding it for the rewrap that will be happening soon. Gonna be glad once it finally looks nice again.

Hey guys its been a busy holiday with work for me so I apologize for the late reply. Here is what my exhaust looked like while I was cutting it. You can see that the bottom of the bumper is halfway down the tip of the exhaust. Before I cut it the tip was pressing against the bumper and rattling all the time.
21edyet.jpg
[/IMG]
This is how far it sticks out from the bumper. Its not bad enough for me to mind it but if it was tucked in another inch I think would be nice.
tbvffmp.jpg

Back