What have you done to your P5 today?

Installed my shorty antenna the other day.

Finally was able to wash my baby today, after about 2+ months of being covered with salt and grime and dirt and god-knows-what.
It felt so weird washing my car on about an inch of snow and being able to see my breath, but it was worth it.
Probably gonna rinse it off again today and then wax it. Want her to be nice and shiny for when I (hopefully) get a digital camera on Xmas. :)

Well, since is more like a blog spot than a real thread topic, I have a quick story regarding my P5 from yesturday.

I drove to the mall to find a gift. Of course I knew it would be extremly busy but I had to go. As I pulled into one of the overfilled parking lots I see a silver P5 and said to myself, "Hey it's my car". At that exact moment a young couple in their 20's was walking towards it and as I passed I glanced over with my peripheral vision to see the dearming of the alarm by the orange turnsignal blink. I quickly turned right into the next lane and sped down so I could come up the other end of theirs to snag the spot. Not because they had the same car as mine, but damned if I was going to give up that spot that was right in front of the mall entrance. I made it, stopping just far back enough for them to pull out and so it seemed just enough that they could not see me there due to the massive van next to them. They put the car in reverse and backed up. I knew what was going to happen next as their heads spun around to see me. It was like a meeting of two souls. Ok, more so just a funny coinsidence as we looked at each other passing by with a big grin on our faces and waved. Was it odd or humorous? I don't really know but I sure got a chuckle out of it, as I'm sure many of you do too when you see a car just like yours. Another happy owner. Happy Holidays!

good story!!!!

just took mine out for a drive to the mall...little boostin on the way!!!.we got up to 105 (this was at 6:30am...nobody on the road) and she was purring like a kitten!!(thumb)

Nice! I...uh...hit 128 last week and had so much more to go. Can't tell ya where though. Yea, it was in the Acura, sorry.

2 days ago i installed an integra SS, ractive shifter knob, shifterboot and e-brake assembly. I also dropped it 1.25 inches at the begining of the month as well as painted the calipers. It looks so sexxxy!

There should be mandatory pics here. If you got it, flaunt it! Nice choice on the double din HU.

finished up the sub install! (thumb)
kicker comp VR 12" subs driven by an MB quart amp with 2x400w RMS at 2 ohms

Attachments

• subs.jpg
    subs.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 399
Washed all the nasty salt off of her! God I hate Cleveland winters!

Attachments

• IMG_0262.JPG
    IMG_0262.JPG
    552.4 KB · Views: 240
Mmmmmken said:
Washed all the nasty salt off of her! God I hate Cleveland winters!

Are those just bolts painted in your license plate bolt holes or are they some special plugs?

I really need to cover mine up.

Oh and to be more on topic... I haven't driven my Protege5 in days :( :(

I can't make left turns because the LED cluster fell into the headlight when I was trying to remove it. I can't seem to fish it out so I'm going to have to take the bumper off in this lovely winter weather.

Just license plate bolts that I put into the holes where the plate holder was. Ohio requires front plates (dumb law), but screw 'em. Had to do something to plug the holes and don't want to do body work.
zverg said:
Are those just bolts painted in your license plate bolt holes or are they some special plugs?

I really need to cover mine up.

Not today, but yesterday, installed an AEM CAI.

Today, checked my breaks and need to replace the shoes, everyone is out of stock. :(

Tomorrow, replacing the breaks, and my rear driver-side caliper since it's SAUCED. Then I'm going to test out the performance of the new CAI on (hopefully) dry roads.

Back