What have you done to your P5 today?

$428 for.....springs?

You've GOT to be kidding me, that is possolutely absurd!! My brother didn't even pay that much for his Prodrive Springs on his wrx. For that price they'd better perfectly balance the car and make the car hit every apex, everytime - regardless of driver error.

Just drove it to work today.

Yesterday - Got some "props" from a guy that was around 80 years old in the Kroger parking lot. He really liked the boldness of the blue paint. Heh. I was happy of course.

Tomorrow - Getting the windows tinted. Appointment is set. Depending on budget, we'll see what kind of tinting I decide on finally when I get there. In Ohio, we can only go up to 50%.

Watched her disappear in the rearview, as I drove the Vue to work to fill 'er up...$38 later:mad:

As far as driving, drove her up to the Poconos Friday night and Sunday morning. Friday was uneventful, main roads which led to 45 minutes to drive 8 miles...traffic volume (pissed) So I asked around and someone told me of a back way which consisted of some nice twisties which took me right by the Shawnee Mountain Ski Resort.

So Sunday that is the way I took. Wasn't able to push the limits (as my wife and daughter were in the car) but my wife did grab the 'Oh $hit handle' a few times, which led to some dirty looks. :) Daughter was watching the portable dvd so she didn't mind.

Sunday > Friday

Fueled up the P5 :bs:

13 gallons later & $40 poorer...

Yikes I can't imagine what those jackasses driving around in those useless gigantor SUV's are paying.

.paul said:
Yikes I can't imagine what those jackasses driving around in those useless gigantor SUV's are paying.

who cares? *sits back and relaxes even though I just paid 3.29 a gallon at the pump a few days ago*

I think since the weather is getting cooperative I might start riding my bike the 7-10 miles to campus. It'll save miles on my car which is what I care about. As much as I like conserving fuel I don't directly pay for my gas (my mom deducts it out of the money she is putting toward my education) so it doesn't bother me much. The more I can do to slow my car from becoming a high mileage vehicle, the better.

:D

I hear all the time from people with Suv's saying that the gas station turned off the pump at $100 bucks so they couldn't really get a full tank. I remeber in 99, my mom had a chevy suberban 2500. Back then it was 45-50 bucks to fill it up.

My parents are out of town so Im driving my moms neon to save gas and miles for the next week. But, the neon has shittier gas miledge than my car boosted. Wierd?

KanseiZM said:
who cares? *sits back and relaxes even though I just paid 3.29 a gallon at the pump a few days ago*

I think since the weather is getting cooperative I might start riding my bike the 7-10 miles to campus. It'll save miles on my car which is what I care about. As much as I like conserving fuel I don't directly pay for my gas (my mom deducts it out of the money she is putting toward my education) so it doesn't bother me much. The more I can do to slow my car from becoming a high mileage vehicle, the better.

i hear that. i rode my bike the other day to the supermarket instead of driving the 3+ mile round trip. gunna do it as long as the weather permits. the short runs are what suck up the gas.

NJP5Guy said:
i hear that. i rode my bike the other day to the supermarket instead of driving the 3+ mile round trip. gunna do it as long as the weather permits. the short runs are what suck up the gas.

I would ride to the supermarket but then.. I'd have to make a couple trips to carry bags back to my apartment haha. I hear ya about short trips though, whenever I drive my car it is less than 10 minutes unless I'm just going for a nice scenic drive.

KanseiZM said:

I'm not so much worried about putting miles on my car - that's what it's for. I put 97,000 miles on my 93 accord in 3 years of ownership. I put like 10,000 and some change on my P5 that I bought last July.

Drove out to the mountains yesterday for the day... 4 hrs one way :) and $75 later for gas :(

could have been a little warmer - we did have a bit of rain/snow the last little bit, though it did melt as it hit the ground - and sunnier, but it was still a nice day for a drive.... and did i mention the twisties? :D

the road up Mt. Norquay is very twisty with several switchbacks... perfect for trying out the new suspension and wheels. i have to say, even with the slightly wet pavement, the fk-451's stuck, and stuck good - no sliding, no screeching, and i was pushing morrigan pretty good at times

pics to come, as soon as i upload them

yesterday had the second session of the season for auto-x. what a blast just can't wait til i can put on some summer rubber and bigger wheels. tires are holding me back big time. i will post a video clip once i get the cd from my friend.

NJP5Guy said:
yesterday had the second session of the season for auto-x. what a blast just can't wait til i can put on some summer rubber and bigger wheels. tires are holding me back big time. i will post a video clip once i get the cd from my friend.
what class do you run in?

Back